Author Topic: problem with graphical editor save_reload  (Read 3008 times)

Pilot148

problem with graphical editor save_reload
« on: February 28, 2018, 05:57:56 pm »
when I change for example the stop position on EDDM gate 142 and leave the editor with Y
the customized position will be saved within the ....Virtuali\GSX\eddm-85wd1e.ini file.
But after restart the FSX the stop position will be back in the position before my change.
In my opinion the changed stop position will not read from the changed .ini file which is:
"parkingsystem_stopposition = 48.3566867276367 11.7780785672854"

I attached the the .ini file after my customization and after restart the FSX.
Does anybody has an idea or a solution regarding the problem?

regards

Pilot148

Re: problem with graphical editor save_reload
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2018, 08:44:25 pm »
Is there nobody to give an answer to that topic?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 09:35:33 am »
We cannot replicate your issue. If you noticed the coordinates are changed in the .INI file, it means nothing in your system (like an antivirus or permission problems) is preventing GSX to save the .INI file.

So, if the .INI file is saved, you can be sure the new stop position will be read from there.

The only possible explanation why it hasn't, it's because the AFCAD might have been changed, for example if you have multiple AFCAD setups (some scenery developers provide with multiple switchable AFCADs), so another .INI file for that airport will be read instead, since each .INI file is linked to a specific AFCAD for that airport. You can verify if this is the case, by checking the name of the AFCAD and the .INI file used by GSX in the parking customization page.

Pilot148

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 12:38:31 pm »
Hello Umberto,
thank you for the answer.
I will explain the problem in detail.
I use the default FSX EDDM airport now on gate 152 (with the same problem which I reported on gate 142 before)

Your answer:   " So, if the .INI file is saved, you can be sure the new stop position will be read from there."

First I start FSX and go to EDDM gate 152.
Customized the park position on
pushback_pos = 48.3536373371157 11.7788448578874 173.120002746582
stairs_rear_pos = 48.3537947624419 11.7782924901169 128.120002746582
parkingsystem_stopposition = 48.3535769199637 11.7786347317454
then the aircraft is on the customized stop position.
(see attached " eddm-85wd1e_aicraft is on customized stop position.pdf")

Second I close the FSX and start it again, go to EDDM gate 152.
Now "pushback_pos" and "stairs_rear_pos" are in the customized position
only the aircraft is on the default stop position.
I open the graphical editor and check the objects with F1/F4 and change nothing!
Then I leave the editor with Y and close the FSX.
I attached also " eddm-85wd1e_aircraft back to default stop position.pdf" file now you can see only with
customized  "pushback_pos" and "stairs_rear_pos" because I leva the editor with Y,
and "Couatl after FSX re_start .log - Editor.pdf"

Hope that is helpful to understand the problem better.

Wait for your recommendations.

best regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 12:57:57 pm »
Second I close the FSX and start it again, go to EDDM gate 152.

You don't say how you "go to" the gate. If you are using the standard "Go To airport" menu of the sim, it's normal you won't see any difference, because the sim doesn't know anything about the GSX stop position, which is something internal to GSX. The standard Go To Airport menu will always place the airplane reference point in the middle of the parking.

The GSX stop position will only be used by GSX when:

- Using the "Warp me here" function, when you call GSX when outside a parking

- To control where the marshaller/docking system will guide you

Pilot148

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2018, 06:29:48 pm »
I understand your remarks;
and yes I always use the standard "Go To airport" menu of the sim, select an airplane, an airport and a gate or parking position. From here I start my flight.

So now I must change my procedure use the standard "Go To airport" menu and load my airplane on the
actual runway. Than I cal the GSX  "Warp me here" function to the selected parking position.
This is not was I like but if there is no other possibility I have to live with this.

Thanks for help!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 08:17:46 pm by Pilot148 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2018, 11:38:25 am »
So now I must change my procedure use the standard "Go To airport" menu and load my airplane on the actual runway. Than I cal the GSX  "Warp me here" function to the selected parking position.
This is not was I like but if there is no other possibility I have to live with this.

As I've said, that's just nothing we can do about it, since the sim ( the "Go to airport" menu ) can't possibly know about the custom stop position, which is an internal GSX data.

Using the "Warp me here" function will give you several advantages over the "Go to airport" menu when going to a Gate:

- It will group parking spots by terminal, instead of having a potentially very long list of them, like in the Go To airport menu

- The parking spots in the default "Go To" menu are sorted in a confusing way. For example, Gate 10-19 will be listed before Gate 2, cause of the pure Alphabetic sorting. They are sorted as you expect in GSX

- The parking spots in the "Warp Me here" menu can have more realistic and descriptive names, not constrained by the limitations of the default Go To menu. A name like "Terminal 4, Gate 10A" is not possible in the sim, but we can have it in GSX. Right now, this is only possible with FSDT airports, but we plan to extend the customization to users for this feature too.

- The "Warp me here" menu will give tell you how many parking spots are suitable for your plane and how many are free/taken by AI, before the selection.

- If you want to change to a different parking, the Warp Me here menu will do it instantly, after the airport is loaded, while the Go To airport menu will always trigger some reload.

Pilot148

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2018, 07:37:30 pm »
Thanks for your explanation,
I will play with the GSX "Warp me here" funktion for a while to understand it better and may be
I realize the several advantages
« Last Edit: March 05, 2018, 08:29:07 pm by Pilot148 »