Author Topic: Missing buildings  (Read 5560 times)

collins

Missing buildings
« on: April 18, 2009, 10:56:05 pm »
Hi, I have the dreaded problem with missing buildings in JFK and Zurich. The addon manager is showing in the menu bar with both scenery's activated.  I have attached my scenery config, dll file and a copy of the sim connect diag. I clicked yes to both the trusted sights pop ups. Reloaded C++ from the windows web site. Tried loading the standalone addon manager to no avail.  If you could give me any more pointers it would be appreciated.

Jon Edgar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing buildings
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2009, 11:56:23 pm »
If your Addon Manager shows up in the menu bar, than it's pointless diagnosing the problem with the files you attached. That would be only necessary if you DIDN'T had the Addon Manager in the menu bar, so the files would be needed to undertand why it didn't run.

If you see the Addon Manager under the Addons menu, than nothing is wrong with the software, and is running normally. However, as was explained in another thread, the KLAS release needed an update of the Addon Manager that make it not compatible with previous sceneries.

Of course, if you install the KLAS Trial, it will also update all your installed sceneries, but if you don't want to install KLAS, if you download and install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager installer, it will update the scenery in the same way, and buildings will reappear.

Of course, the current JFK installer that is online now, has been already updated.

collins

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 09:19:03 pm »
Thanks for the info, should have been a little more thorough searching the forum. Managed to find your link to the updated addon manager and all is now ok.

I wanted to buy KLAS though and it seems to have disappeared from your product page. I hope it will be back soon.

Thanks again,

Jon 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2009, 09:20:49 pm »
I wanted to buy KLAS though and it seems to have disappeared from your product page. I hope it will be back soon.

?? It's right there...however, the product page is not the place were you buy a product, you buy it from within FSX using the Addon Manager.

collins

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2009, 11:19:57 pm »
I needed to download the installers for FS9 and FSX and I promise you KLAS wasn't showing on your products page for a while tonight. Anyway, downloading now, thanks for your help.

Jon