Author Topic: Couldn´t find valid AFCAD  (Read 3553 times)

VHPO

Couldn´t find valid AFCAD
« on: January 23, 2018, 12:05:07 pm »
Dear Sir.

I had to uninstall MFS SE and all addons that I had.
After cleaning the unit,  (I have simultaor in a partition, not in program files (x86) I reinstall everything.

Since that, I receive following mesaages :
"Airport cache regeneration completed with FAILURE in 0 seconds"  when I load the plane.

After that, I call the GSX by presseing buttons but It say "Could not find valid AFCAD at this position......"

I have look al the solution published in this forum, but nothing works.

Could you please help me?

Thanks

VHPO

Re: Couldn´t find valid AFCAD
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 12:08:53 pm »
Hi, please:

Could any body help me ?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 11:26:00 pm »
You probably uninstalled in the wrong way, not really "cleaning" anything, so your registry keys for FSX are still probably pointing to the wrong folder.

I have look al the solution published in this forum, but nothing works.

The solution published on the forum for the "Airport cache regeneration completed with a FAILURE at 0 seconds" error, suggested to create a diagnostic log and see if there was something that would help understand the issue:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,17166.msg121016.html#msg121016

So, saying "nothing works", without providing an actual log, as suggested in that thread, is not very helpful to understand your issue. Please post your log, either ATTACHING IT to a message as a .ZIP file, or send it to support by email.

VHPO

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 09:48:00 am »
Here it is in ZIP file

Regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 11:42:05 am »
The log seems to indicate you don't have permission to write in a folder you should normally do, since the installer will set them correctly. Try the following:

- Restart Windows

- Remove this folder %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl

- Reinstall GSX

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the Addon Manager folder from scanning.

VHPO

« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 03:34:00 pm »
Hi, it seems that is solved,  but I tell you the short story.

I made all process as you said. While the SODE program was installing it said that could not find the fs file and fsx.cfg file and therefore it couldn't register.
I finish the installation, and once in the simulator no option of gsx or add-on manager in the simulator menu.

So, I went to user/myname/app data/roaming/microsoft and I founded two files , one FS and other FS SE.
I renamed both, FS to Off and FS WE to FS.  As well Fs_se.cfg to fs cfg.
When I load the simulator again , everything was fine again.

What I don't know is whether solution came from exclude in the antivirus or from renaming the file.

In any case, something curious, after all of that if I rename again the "new" FS file to FS-SE again and load the simulator it start from the scratch,  and again it doesn't recognize gsx.

Thanks for your help and by the way I don't know why but flashing lights of gsx vehicles has come again to life.