Author Topic: Constantly crashing coatl  (Read 2803 times)

abueren

Constantly crashing coatl
« on: December 29, 2017, 06:30:20 pm »
Hi there,
after everything was extremely stable for years, I am having lots of issues currently with coatl.:
I use FSX with essentially all your addons.

For a few months now, I am having issues. Here are some examples:

- Flew over Louisville at crusing altitude. Airport was displayed briefly, then suddenly gone. Coatl was gone to from the menu.
- Doing preflight with the PMDG 747. Since the refuling amount was small, the truck got there after PMDG was done loading and adding more was not possilbe. So I pressed "reset GSX". There was a message saying GSX reset. After that - Coatl gone, gsx gone
- A lot of times, the pushback truck won´t work. Before I had These Problems, I could just reload coatl and everything was fine. Now when I do this, coatl is gone and of Course GSX too.

What is so annoying, is that you have to reload FSX to get coatl running again.

Thanks for your help

Greetings
Adrian
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:00:54 pm by abueren »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Constantly crashing coatl
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 02:56:32 pm »
Please be sure you have the very latest version, either by running the FSDT Live Update, or installing the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager. And, be sure you exclude the Addon Manager folder from the antivirus, before installing or running the FSDT Live Update.

- Doing preflight with the PMDG 747. Since the refuling amount was small, the truck got there after PMDG was done loading and adding more was not possilbe. So I pressed "reset GSX". There was a message saying GSX reset. After that - Coatl gone, gsx gone

Please supply with a precise description of the whole procedure. How much fuel you had, which fuel load method you use, the precise exact sequence of operations in GSX, especially the moment you called for refuel AND whether or not you have the "Detect custom aircraft system refueling", which by default it's off, and it's probably better left off with the PMDG 747.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 02:58:59 pm by virtuali »

abueren

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 03:53:43 pm »
Hello Umberto,
I tried again, still the same Problem. I deactivated Norton and reinstalled GSX again. Same behavior - if I use reset GSX or restart Coatl in the menus, they quit and you have to restart fsx to get going again :-(.

Never mind the PMDG 747 issue, has nothing to do with GSX. It was just the trigger for trying to reset GSX .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2018, 10:24:39 pm »
if I use reset GSX or restart Coatl in the menus, they quit and you have to restart fsx to get going again

I'm sorry, but I cannot replicate this. I can restart as many times as I want, with no issues whatsoever. Do you have the same issue if you switch airplane, which also triggers a restart ?