Author Topic: SODE Not Available - No Working Jetways **SOLVED**  (Read 4776 times)

BTScott

SODE Not Available - No Working Jetways **SOLVED**
« on: December 30, 2017, 01:09:17 am »
I have no working Jetway's at LAS/HOU/MEM/CLT/FLL(FLL says default jetways, but they don't work). I have working jetway's at DEN/PHX/SFO/LAX/DFW/ORD. I downloaded and tried to install the latest SODE but I get the following error message:

There is no mention of SODE anywhere in the in-game drop down addon menu. There is no mention of 12bpilot/SODE in my Programs list in the Control Panel. There is no mention anywhere of 12bpilot/SODE in the FSX root folder under Addon Manager or anywhere else. There is no mention of 12bpilot/SODE in the C/Program Files 86 (or any other folders including APPData).

I just downloaded/installed the latest GSX - still the problem exists. I also just installed the latest Addon Manager.

Thanks for any help on this.

B. Scott
« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 10:56:41 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: SODE Not Available - No Working Jetways at Some FSDT Airports
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 02:48:16 pm »
Your problem is that you had an OLD SODE installation, which came from another product from another developer, and for some reason that installation has been corrupted, so you cannot Uninstall it normally.

Most likely, you removed it manually, which explains why you can't find its folders, but the registry keys from the old installation are still there, preventing a clean uninstall.

Have a look at this thread in the SODE forum on Fsdeveloper, which has a link to a tool from Microsoft that can help uninstall programs with their uninstall data left in a corrupted state:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/solved-v1-3-1.436792/#post-738473

After you properly remove the old SODE version, you can install GSX (which is required for SODE jetways at all FSDT airports), which will install the very latest version of SODE, which is 1.5.3 as of today.

BTScott

Re: SODE Not Available - No Working Jetways at Some FSDT Airports
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 03:49:52 pm »
I didn't mention it but I also did a registry search for SODE/12bpilot/simobjects display engine and deleted several entries that came up.

I just ran the tool and deleted the only entry - sim objects display engine. So now I'll un-intstall/re-install GSX and see if it's fixed.

Thanks!

B. Scott

Edit -  Problem solved!! LAS gate A15 worked perfectly. Be nice to just use ctrl+j though and not have to see the pop up screens to select and confirm gate.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 04:17:32 pm by BTScott »