Author Topic: p3dv4 half the airports have problems **SOLVED**  (Read 4708 times)

alexzar14

p3dv4 half the airports have problems **SOLVED**
« on: December 16, 2017, 03:20:18 am »
Hi, I have P3Dv4 with FSDT sceneries for some time and all worked fine. This week I upgraded and reinstalled, the only different thing I did this time is installed FTX vector (did not have it prior to upgrade). I don't know if it is relevant or not but half the sceneries show up fine, and the other half does not (KMEM, KDFW, KIAX, KCLT), there is an plain plateau or the the familiar elevation issues. The difference this time is that stand alone FSDT updater does not fix it. I uninstalled vector - it did not help. I  reinstalled the scenery and here's what happens: the airport load up, and 2 seconds later it is gone. Could it be a registration issue? All registered except KCLT (didn't buy it yet).
I have 5 sceneries by Flightbeam and they all load up fine. Antivirus did not inform of any detected files. Please...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:02:25 am by virtuali »

alexzar14

Re: p3dv4 half the airports have problems.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 04:11:17 am »
this is some sort of new problem, seen tons of posts and solutions proposed but non works.

Uninstalled all FTX, UTlive - doesn't work. Reinstalled sim on another drive - same thing. Tried AddonOrganizer and MakeRunways per some topics around - doesn't help. I therefore trace this problem to FSDT, because the problem exists with a clean vanilla sim. Nothing is working except FlightBeam which is installed in P3D root folder. The fix may be simple, but I ran out of ideas and topics posted on various forums.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 02:27:24 pm »
If you have elevation problem, you can be sure it's NOT a scenery problem, but something cased by 3rd mesh and/or vector products. If you have something from OrbX, their forum has several fixes to their products to repair the issue caused to airports.

This, assuming your problem is what you reported it, meaning "there is an plain plateau or the the familiar elevation issues". If with this, you mean you see the whole scenery, but it's raised/lowered or has any other similar issue, then you can be sure it's another scenery problem.

If, instead, with "there is an plain plateau or the the familiar elevation issues", you mean you have a plateau INSTEAD of the scenery, so you don't really have "elevation issues", but you are just MISSING the scenery, that's an entirely different issue, so you should clarify what's your case.

alexzar14

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 02:34:30 pm »
Good day. I see no scenery at all, not even jetways, just a plateau. In the case with KIAH, the plateau is flat with no elevation issues (keep in mind, this takes place with no FTX Vector installed). In the case with KMEM, there are few trenches but mostly flat too, and no runways. I should have posted a photo, will do when I get home.

In the other topic you mentioned the problem may have to do with GSX not being installed. I'd like to try the GSX but I'll be home no sooner than 9 hours from now. So if you have no GSX installed, besides inoperable docking system, would you still see the airport or would you not? If you'd still see the airport without GSX installed, this means the problem is somewhere else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 02:36:21 pm »
As I already replied to you in another thread (please don't open multiple threads about the same issue), GSX is basically a requirement of all our sceneries because, without it, you'll lose features like Docking Systems and Marshallers. However, the one using SODE jetways, which are KMEM, KCLT, KIAH and KSDF, won't even *work* without GSX (and SODE, which is installed with GSX).

alexzar14

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 02:39:36 pm »
Please feel free to remove this topic. I have one last question you can answer either here or in adjacent topic: the meaning of "won't work" - does it mean the entire scenery will not display like in my case?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 02:43:09 pm »
Please feel free to remove this topic. I have one last question you can answer either here or in adjacent topic: the meaning of "won't work" - does it mean the entire scenery will not display like in my case?

It just won't work, which means it won't display.

alexzar14

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2017, 02:47:07 pm »
Thanks, I'll send you a big wooden box full of beers if that's the case! I was worrying I'd need to reinstall entire windows...

alexzar14

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2017, 03:57:54 am »
Where do I send the beer??
I made a payment for Charlotte. I haven't used sim for nearly a year waiting for P3Dv4 and some addons properly converted, so for the start, I was going only try few flights before going further with GSX etc. OH BOY, whatta nightmare not understanding what the devil is gong on but the support is great nevertheless.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2017, 12:45:30 pm »
OH BOY, whatta nightmare not understanding what the devil is gong on but the support is great nevertheless.

Thank you. We'll probably have to make it more clear that our sceneries that use SODE, requires GSX too.