Author Topic: Trial Mode Menu  (Read 3810 times)

skyymann

Trial Mode Menu
« on: December 22, 2017, 06:09:10 am »
Hi Umberto,

I have installed P3DV4 and for the first few flights, it worked fine with GSX. Now I am at FLightbeam KMSP and I keep getting the Trial Mode Menu when I try to use GSX. Help....

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Trial Mode Menu
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 06:57:29 am »
If the Addon Manager is reporting GSX in Trial, then it's in Trial, so you must activate it.

If the Addon Manager is reporting GSX is Active, then the issue is that you are probably running the sim into a Compatibility mode, which is not how the sim is installed by default and it's not how it's supposed to run (Compatibilty mode decreases performances).

skyymann

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:18:27 am »
How do I activate it?

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 07:22:23 am »
How do I activate it?

Quoting from Page 4 of the GSX manual:

Very briefly, activation it’s done this way:

Open the “Addon Manager” menu inside FSX, under the “Addons” menu
Select Fsdreamteam and GSX in the two small text windows
Click the “Register Serial” button
Type your Serial Number, as indicated in your purchase receipt
Let it activate, with a working internet connection

skyymann

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 07:31:07 am »
Yup,

Just figured that out, now if I could only find the purchase email. I've had GSX for a long time and can't remember which email I used to buy it.....

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2017, 08:26:24 am »
Just figured that out, now if I could only find the purchase email. I've had GSX for a long time and can't remember which email I used to buy it.....

The FAQ page of our site:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

Assuming you have access to all your emails, you might try with each one on the Esellerate site: if it's the wrong one, they'll tell you.

If it's the right one (Esellerate page will tell you the Order History has been sent), but you have lost access to it, then you might contact us to the support email (the "Contact Us" page of the site), indicating the previous email and to which new email you want the order to be associated now.

Also, don't forget that when you first activated GSX, it saved a backup registration file ( .REG ) in your Home folder (the folder with your name, usually under C:\Users ), which can be used to reactivate without having to type the Serial Number or requiring access to your purchase receipt: just double click on the .REG folder to insert your Serial Number in the registry, so the sim will prompt to activate on the next startup.

skyymann

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2017, 08:35:15 am »
I erased and reformatted both hard drives so that info is gone. I did a backup of my FS drive, but not the C drive. Duh....... Anyway, cant get by without GSX so I just bought it again.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 09:00:08 am »
Anyway, cant get by without GSX so I just bought it again.

This wasn't necessary.

Even without a backup, you could have gained access to your original purchase receipt from the Esellerate website and, even if you lost access to the original email you used to purchase it, you could have simply contacted support, so we could update your old order.

EDIT:

I see that you sent this email about an hour ago, at 7:27 AM (our time), so I've just replied to it now (9:06 AM), confirming all your past orders have been merged under the same email account. Maybe it would have been best waiting for a reply, before purchasing GSX again...
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 09:06:07 am by virtuali »

skyymann

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 09:21:24 am »
NO worries Umberto!

I just couldn't be without GSX. After ASP, it is my favorite add on. I have been thinking about purchasing Charlotte and would happily accept a discount ;-)

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 09:45:30 am »
I have been thinking about purchasing Charlotte and would happily accept a discount

Just contact me by email, we can arrange that...