Author Topic: KSDF and KCLT activation **SOLVED**  (Read 2112 times)

Jasona1972

KSDF and KCLT activation **SOLVED**
« on: December 21, 2017, 07:23:08 pm »
I have recently wiped my computer clean and reinstalled windows and FSX and my FSDreamTeam airports. I went into the add-on menu to activate my FSDreamTeam airports through the add-on manager and I found two add-on managers in the menu. The top add-on manager includes everything but KCLT and KSDF. The bottom add-on manager includes everything including those two airports. The bottom add-on manager that includes those two airports will not let any of the FSDreamTeam airports activate. I put the activation code in on the activation window in windowed mode and hit okay and the window goes away and nothing happens. I usually get a little message that says activation was successful. I am not getting a little activation was successful message for any airport. I was able to go into the top add-on manager that does not include the two airports and activate everything but KSDF and KCLT. However because the bottom  add-on manager  is the only one that includes KSDF and KCLT and it doesn't work I cannot activate those two airports. They just remain in trial mode. I have reinstalled, reactivated, restarted FSX and restarted my computer many times and in many combinations trying to figure it out and everything has been done in the windowed mode of FSX. Nothing is working.

What am I to do? Please help.

Thanks
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 12:02:00 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KSDF and KCLT activation
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 07:16:55 am »
I went into the add-on menu to activate my FSDreamTeam airports through the add-on manager and I found two add-on managers in the menu.

This because you installed using an old FSDT installer (one that uses to install into the sim folder) after having installed something using a new installer (that installs outside the sim folder) and you installed the old stuff AFTER the new FSDT installer migrated all your files to the new folders.

Basically, installing a new FSDT installer AFTER you installed something using an old installer, it's OK, since the new installer will move whatever needs to be moved into the new locations.

But doing the opposite (installing with an old installer on top of a new one), will never work and result in two Addon Manager, and of course there's nothing we can do about this, since we cannot retroactively change old installers you already downloaded,  and those do not know anything about the new installation folders.

Try to download and install the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, since it should be able to clean up all the things installed using the old installer and remove the double Addon Manager.

If that doesn't work (it should), uninstall *everything* from FSDT, reply YES to the questions about removing the Addon Manager, and reinstall everything using ONLY the CURRENT INSTALLERS.

Jasona1972

Re: KSDF and KCLT activation
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 06:32:57 pm »
Thanks for the help. The first idea of just installing the Standalone add-on manager did not work. However it was not that big a deal to uninstall all the FSDreamTeam products and reinstall them. It did ask for the stand alone manager to be installed but in the end all were active.

Thanks

Jason