Author Topic: Disappearing textures again!  (Read 2087 times)

crauds

Disappearing textures again!
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:35:54 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I am including a screen shot with PMDG 744ER v3.  The last flight with 744 did not have any disappearing textures nor did my recent flight with 737NG.  My config file is the same as it always is and nothing has changed.  My load is a little lighter.  Could that be the cause but that doesn't explain the missing trailer in the center of the train.

BTW, though I have Win10, I have not received any new updates between the above mentioned flights and I have yet to install the "fall" upgrade to 1709.

Craig
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 10:39:10 pm by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Disappearing textures again!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:55:39 pm »
We were never able to reproduce this problem. The object is not invisible, is looks as if it was never created to be begin with. Now, of course, GSX has created the object, it surely cannot "forget" to create just one train, in the middle of a row of several.

The only possible explanation I have, is that some other addon (or addons) are causing so much traffic over Simconnect, that GSX doesn't get enough time to send the commands it's surely sending to create such objects, because the communication channel might be too busy because too many addons at the same time are trying to send too many commands over it.

We had some users reports this happened with some weather engines, and it was solved by switching to different weather engines, but it's really impossible to say for sure, without knowing exactly your configuration.

Another thing that MIGHT cause this, is an incorrect settings of the Affinity Mask. There's no "right" setting, because it depends on how many *other* application you run in the sim. Have you tweaked this ? Try by removing the tweak, and see if you have any difference.

crauds

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 12:25:10 am »
Thanks for the suggestions.  The affinitymask=14 is set by ASN.  And that is the only other addon I have other than your program GSX.  The airport in the image is a default airport and my frame rates if unlimited would be about 75 fps at that airport.  The disappearing occurs only with trains that are transporting one of the new large containers.  If the train has only regular containers, everything has been properly visible.  Could be why I have never noticed the issue on the NGX  BTW, I have the latest GSX update and the latest addon manager.  I did experiment by limiting my frame rates deliberately to 30 FPS within FSX but the issue was still present.  BTW, I do also use UT2 traffic set to maximum but all the aircraft were fully spawned long before I called for loading and this happened before in a very low traffic remote airport.

Craig
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:52:44 am by crauds »
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 01:08:50 am »
The affinitymask=14 is set by ASN.  And that is the only other addon I have other than your program GSX.

A weather engine, and precisely the one other users reported they had problem with...it was said Opus was much easier on Simconnect.

The disappearing occurs only with trains that are transporting one of the new large containers.  If the train has only regular containers, everything has been properly visible.

The train doesn't know anything about what it's transporting, so this cannot be possibly related. If you had issues like missing files for new container, only the container should have disappeared (and you'll probably would see some error), not the wagon too.

I did experiment by limiting my frame rates deliberately to 30 FPS within FSX but the issue was still present.

Limiting the visual frame rate won't solve any issue caused by addons clobbering the Simconnect with commands, if this was the case. And neither issues caused by the Affinity mask.

[qutoe]I do also use UT2 traffic set to maximum but all the aircraft were fully spawned long before I called for loading and this happened before in a very low traffic remote airport.[/quote]

Haven't you just said ASN was the only other addon other than GSX ? Even if the UT2 traffic has been fully spawned, that doesn't mean UT2 has stopped sending commands to the sim. It's continuing to do that, because it must monitor all its traffic, to control the density, turn it off after a certain distance, etc.

However, I'm not saying those two addons are surely the cause but, it's only the most likely cause. If it was a problem with GSX, you should have seen some kind of error.

It's also possible something external, non flightsim-related might cause this. Simconnect communication happens through named pipes, which is a kind of internal filesystem not stored on devices, but in memory, which means it might be affected by any external software (like antivirus, firewall, etc.), which checks and monitor any file activity. And, with some systems, Simconnect communication can be configured to use TCP, so it might also related to software that checks the network, again a firewall or antivirus.

Or, something else entirely like: how much free memory you had at that time ?

crauds

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 01:32:28 pm »
I hear you, but this morning landing in Guam (minimum default scenery) with ASN and UT2 turned off, same case this time all wagons appeared but each was unloading 1 invisible container along with the other 4 which were visible.  Again a large container was unloaded from each bin but those were visible.  Also the wheels on the carts are stuck into the tarmac but the tractors appear normal.  I run no anti-virus while I am simming since I am not on the internet but I do have Win10 firewall active.  Thought it only was effective when I was on the internet.  I will turn it off and observe again when I load up for my next flight.  This is indeed puzzling.

Craig
Craig Williams