Author Topic: Menu not opening on ground at departure airport **SOLVED**  (Read 4524 times)

honanhal

Menu not opening on ground at departure airport **SOLVED**
« on: November 19, 2017, 03:33:55 am »
I'm having a strange issue where the GSX You Control (Ctl-F12) menu won't open on the ground at a departure airport. Couatl and GSX are both showing up in the addons menu, and trying to open the You Control menu through the addons menu also has no effect, so it's not a keyboard problem or anything like that. I noticed the menu was seemingly having no problem opening on arrival (even on the ground), so I tried something at a departure airport: slewing the aircraft even a foot off the ground then allows the menu to open. Putting the plane back on the ground again seems to disable it.

Any idea what might be going on here? I tried running the live update. No change.

Thanks,
James
« Last Edit: November 20, 2017, 12:40:35 pm by virtuali »

goggi

Re: Menu not opening on ground at departure airport
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2017, 05:59:19 pm »
Same for me as of today, after a - painful - long update of Windows 10
SOLVED by running FSDT Live Update
Giorgio

« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 06:36:21 pm by goggi »

honanhal

Re: Menu not opening on ground at departure airport **SOLVED**
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:13:20 pm »
Not solved for me, though, unfortunately! As I said in my original post, running Live Updat did not help. Would love to get this solved.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 01:38:17 pm »
Not solved for me, though, unfortunately! As I said in my original post, running Live Updat did not help. Would love to get this solved.

Do you have both the Addon Manager and the GSX menus under the "Addons" menu bar ?

honanhal

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 03:39:08 pm »
Yes. And as soon as the wheels leave the ground, GSX works again throughout the session. For instance, I did several sectors yesterday in one sitting and GSX worked in between each leg -- just not on the very first leg sitting at the departure gate. GSX and Addon Manager are there, it just seems like something is inhibiting the GSX pop-up menu from opening on the ground after loading the sim.

James

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 03:50:23 pm »
Check if you see the "Airport cache loaded successfully" on the first start. If not, try a "Restart Couatl" and see if it works then.

goggi

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 02:46:28 pm »
I am sorry, but I was too hasty in reporting "solved" in my previous reply.
I am experiencing the same problems, and the suggested actions do not help.

As for the initial situation, I get a message "GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings", at all airports including default ones.
The CouatlAddons.ini file shows "disable_on_airports = NONE".
Thanks for your help.
Giorgio

Running P3D v3.4.22

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 04:11:21 pm »
As for the initial situation, I get a message "GSX has been disabled on this airport by user settings", at all airports including default ones. The CouatlAddons.ini file shows "disable_on_airports = NONE".

I can only repeat and confirm this can only be caused by a mismatch between old/new files, meaning you haven't run the FSDT Live Update or, the Live Update has been prevented to download something (causing the mismatch), which can only be cause by external causes, like an antivirus or a firewall preventing the download.

goggi

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2017, 01:41:10 pm »
Thanks,
in fact after re-running the Live Update now I am getting messages indicating that 3 .dll files are missing.
Seemingly they cannot be loaded by re-running Live Update again.
I shall look into this matter as you suggest.
Regards,
Giorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2017, 03:37:25 pm »
now I am getting messages indicating that 3 .dll files are missing.

Further indicating the Live Update has been prevented to download something, which can only be cause by external causes, like an antivirus or a firewall preventing the download.

The missing .DLL files are surely on the server, and the Live Update surely downloads them (I just tested it now, by removing them and launching the Live Update again), when everything is normal and working correctly.

Please be absolutely sure you have excluded the Addon Manager folder from any possible security-related software you have installed.

goggi

« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 07:27:59 pm »
Thanks a lot, Umberto, for your advice and support.
I shall deal with this issue as soon I get some free time....
Giorgio

honanhal

« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 02:55:44 am »
Today I got a message saying an update was available. I ran the Live Update again, and -- a miracle! It works again!

Thanks for your help.

James

goggi

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2017, 03:00:43 pm »
Umberto,
very sorry to bother you again, but the three  .dll files (alut, OpenAL3 and python27) are still missing.
This is announced as 3 couatl.exe errors when launching P3D v3.4

I disabled all relevant functions in my antivirus
I disabled the firewall in Windows Defender
I checked the Addon Manager folder for permissions: all set to Allow
I then restarted Win10 Professional and then ran once more Live Update.
No success.

It seems that all this mess happened after the latest Win10 Professional update. In fact GSX was working perfectly up to then.

I am about to move to P3D v4. Could this be a simple solution? I am sticking to v3 just to perform a last test on another add-on before deciding whether to re-purchase it (or not) for v4. But I can live without it just the same.

Thank you again!
Giorgio

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2017, 10:28:42 pm »
very sorry to bother you again, but the three  .dll files (alut, OpenAL3 and python27) are still missing. This is announced as 3 couatl.exe errors when launching P3D v3.4

I can only repeat and confirm this can only be caused by the Live Update being prevented to download something, which can only be cause by external causes, like an antivirus or a firewall preventing the download.

The missing .DLL files are surely on the server, and the Live Update surely downloads them. As I've said, I already tested it by removing the missing .DLL and launching the Live Update and, sure enough, the missing .DLL were restored, as they should.

You can try installing the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. That one is always kept updated with all the most important files so, until you figure it out the external cause which is preventing the Live Update to download, you can install that one, which surely contains the missing .DLLs too.

goggi

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2017, 08:35:52 pm »
SOLVED (really).
Following your suggestion, I installed the latest version of the Addon Manager from the standalone source on the web.
It updated all files correctly and GSX is back OK. Hurrah !
Thank you again for your patience,
Giorgio