Author Topic: efhk catering and stairs  (Read 3378 times)

obb12

efhk catering and stairs
« on: October 11, 2017, 05:28:31 pm »
in Helsinki there is finnair stairs and catering in real life can it be activated in gsx?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: efhk catering and stairs
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:38:42 pm »
Your message is not very clear.

GSX surely has Finnair as a possible operator at EFHK, so you are supposed to see a menu choice when you start a service, indicating all possible operators at that airport, so you can choose the one to use. This is valid for services at the gate, like stairs.

The Catering is a different kind of service, with its own choice of liveries, and I don't think we have a Finnair catering vehicle but, it's not very clear what you are asking about this.

obb12

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 05:49:04 pm »
i only have
finavia
airpro
aviator
and swissport

obb12

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 06:00:31 pm »
i searched the cfg files finnair is active but its not selectable

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 06:30:09 pm »
I checked the issue and, we followed another user suggestion that, according to this website:

https://www.finavia.fi/en/airlines/contacts-and-services/ground-handling/

Finnair does only Cargo operation in Helsinki so, we flagged it as a Cargo operator and so, although it is available at EFHK, it will appear only at Cargo parking types.

obb12

« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:51:10 pm by virtuali »

obb12

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 06:41:49 pm »
theres even a seperate customer service for finnair lost baggage
along with the other companies

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 11:56:51 pm »
As I've said, we never had a Finnair catering vehicle, and Catering vehicles have their own set of liveries so, just because Finnair is there as a ground operator, it doesn't ensure it will be there as a catering operator too. So, we might add it in a future update but, its absence is not an error or a bug.

About the airstairs, we just followed the official information on the website, as suggested by the user that posted here:

As far I know Finnair handling or whats left of it is a cargo handler only anymore, with Airpro handling all of Finnair's passenger traffic in EFHK. I could be wrong, so if Dreamliner or someone else knows better, please correct me.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,5857.msg109983.html#msg109983

Now, it might be true or not (I guess it IS true, since this is what that website says) they only handle cargo operation now, but that doesn't mean that all the existing airstairs or other vehicles has been repainted. Also, what's the date of the picture you posted ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 11:58:25 pm by virtuali »

obb12

« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 04:26:55 am »
june 2017

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 08:53:12 am »
june 2017

As I've said, even if Finnair only handle cargo operation now, doesn't mean that all the existing airstairs or other vehicles have been repainted.

So, what are we supposed to do now, revert back Finnair as a non-cargo operator ? But then, it will appear at non-cargo parkings, and it won't appear anymore on cargo parkings, which will be just as wrong. Again, this change was made following a suggestion of another user like you, with the backup of an official website, which confirms Finnair today only handles cargo.

Unless, we do another operator, like Finnair Cargo, with the same livery, but with a different code...