Author Topic: Parking assignments  (Read 2297 times)

Ghostrider114

Parking assignments
« on: May 29, 2017, 02:25:42 am »
I love using follow me and the marshaller to help me park, but I noticed that if I am not parked at a gate, the FSX ground controller just assigns me to a random space on the ramp and doesn't specify in dialogue which space it is.  Since GSX allows me to pick my destination, it doesn't always correspond to the assigned parking space.  Would it be possible for GSX to see which space FSX has assigned me and mark that as such on the parking selection menu?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking assignments
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2017, 12:02:56 pm »
Would it be possible for GSX to see which space FSX has assigned me and mark that as such on the parking selection menu?

Unfortunately, Simconnect doesn't provide with that information so, if we wanted to do this, we would have to resort to undocumented hacks, which would be a problem with so many different platform (FSX, FSX:SE, P3D, P3D 64 bit), since each one would require a separate hack, which would make the application less reliable and inherently less stable.

Also, many users are flying online with a real controller, so they like the ability for GSX to select any parking, which can be done even while on a approach, if you are close enough to the airport.

So, your best option would be wait for the default ATC to give you a parking, and then select the same one in GSX.

thetford569

Re: Parking assignments
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 05:28:54 am »
I am having the same issue and understand not wanting to use any "undocumented hacks".  However the issue is the default ATC doesn't tell you what parking spot it has assigned you to.  You can turn on the progressive taxi and see a path to the parking spot but then you would have to taxi all the way to the spot to figure out which one it might be and you could still be wrong.  Since your suggestion is to "wait for the default ATC to give you a parking and then select the same one in GSX", do you know of a way to tell what spot it is so that you choose the correct one?  I don't....

The other problem this causes is that I like to save where my aircraft is each flight so I start up again in the same parking position for the aircraft.  If I don't park in the spot assigned by default ATC then it will not give me ATC services the next flight.  When you start the next flight you have to move to the spot it had assigned you on the previous flight before it will give you ATC services again.  I realize this is just the way FSX/P3D ATC works and I wish LM would have improved some of this in the sim but I am curious to see if you know of a workaround for the parking issues?

Brandon