Author Topic: CRJ-900 Safegate ID Fail  (Read 2667 times)

ianj844

CRJ-900 Safegate ID Fail
« on: August 04, 2017, 06:48:30 am »
I am guessing this is because the SafeGate does not have the correct parameters for the CRJ? Is this something a user can solve themselves using the Aircraft Config or does it require you guys to fix it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CRJ-900 Safegate ID Fail
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2017, 03:02:22 pm »
The GSX Safegate always recognized the CRJ-900, and it was tested with the models from Wilco so, assuming the 3rd party airplane you are using now is properly flagged as such, there are no reason why it should't work.

GSX checks first the atc model (as reported by Simconnect) and if no match is found, it checks the airplane title (as reported by Simconnect), trying to recognize the model from the title.

So, if a recognized model is not recognized, it seems it's both missing the atc model and the title doesn't contain a recognizable pattern.

ianj844

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 06:03:06 pm »
This is using the Aerosoft CRJ-900 I have tried it in both KDFW and KCLT

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 12:52:12 am »
The airport is not relevant at all, assuming it has a Docking system, of course. As I've said, the CRJ type is recognized since GSX was released, but we only had the Wilco/Feelthere model to test it at that time.

If the Aerosoft CRJ has a proper atc model set, or (failing that) a title that contains some pattern that would allow GSX to recognize it as a CRJ-900, I cannot see any reasons why it would work with the Wilco/Feelthere planes, but not with the Aerosoft one.

In any case, I've got a copy of the CRJ courtesy of Aerosoft so, we'll surely check it. Please allow some time, because right now most of the GSX guys are on vacation for the next 2 weeks.