Author Topic: Unable to install GSX V2.0.0.1 because outdated Sode V1.3.0 installed **SOLVED**  (Read 4274 times)

COLINTHOMAS

Dear Sirs,

GSX purchased via PC Aviator on order number  xxxxx.

I am try to install GSX V2.0.0.1 to both FSX Acceleration and P3D v4. Initially I only had GSX installed FSX, but I notice now that you can install to both simulators at the same time. During the installation process a box pops saying that it has found Sode v1.3.0. which is outdated and needs to be uninstalled before GSX V2.0.0.1 can be installed.

I have uninstalled my old version of GSX v1.9.9.11 and when it asked me if I want to remove Addon Manager and the Couatl Scripting Engine, I have replied "Yes". I have deleted all files relating to Sode from my directories, but when I try to install GSX V2.0.0.1 the box pops up again saying that it has still found Sode version 1.3.0.

Can you please advise me what I can do to resolve this issue?

Kindest regards

Colin  
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 10:35:04 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I have deleted all files relating to Sode from my directories, but when I try to install GSX V2.0.0.1 the box pops up again saying that it has still found Sode version 1.3.0.

That's you mistake: you should NEVER, EVER "uninstall" something by manually removing files and folders!! ALWAYS use the uninstaller which, as in any other Windows program out there, is located in the "Programs and Features" or "Add/Remove Programs" section in the Windows Control Panel.

To Undo your mistake, you should now reinstall SODE 1.3.0, assuming you still have the installer for it, then Uninstall it in the proper way, from the Windows Control Panel.

COLINTHOMAS

Hi Umberto

I did go to the control panel and "Add/Remove Programs" to try to uninstall Sode, but there was no reference to Sode whatsoever. If that is the case and in the absence of an uninstaller for Sode, how on earth is anybody supposed to uninstall Sode? Please advise?

As it happens, I do still have the old GSX v1.9.9.11. If I reinstall that it should also reinstall Sode V1.3.0, thank you for your advice.

Kindest regards

Colin

p.s. I have now reinstalled GSX v1.9.9.11. again. When I go to Control Panel "Add/Remove Programs" there is still no reference to Sode whatsoever, even when I do a search for Sode. I need to know how to uninstall Sode please?

I have once again uninstalled GSX v1.9.9.11 and tried to install GSX v2.0.0.1, the box now pops up saying I need uninstall Sode v1.4.2. but how do I?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 06:42:58 pm by COLINTHOMAS »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
When I go to Control Panel "Add/Remove Programs" there is still no reference to Sode whatsoever, even when I do a search for Sode. I need to know how to uninstall Sode please?

SODE stands for Simobjects Display Engine, so that's how it's referenced in the Control Panel. Also, checking your screenshot, it seems you are using an outdated GSX installer (current version is 2.0.0.2), because the current version has an additional sentence in that window, which says:

SODE it's listed in the Windows Control Panel as Simobjects Display Engine.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:58:22 am by virtuali »

COLINTHOMAS

Hi Umberto,

I have now gone into the Control Panel then into Programs & Features and uninstalled the 3 programs, Sim Objects Display Engine, GSX Ground Services and FSDT Addon Manager. Once again I have tried to install GSX v2.0.0.1 (because I do not know how to obtain v2.0.0.2) but the box still pops up stating that "Found Sode version 1.3.0 which is outdated, please uninstall it first then run the installer again, which will install the current version".

Have you any idea what I can do now to remove this old version 1.3.0 of Sode?

You have stated in your last post that "GSX v2.0.0.2 has an additional sentence in the window, which says:" (but you haven't said what it says)

Kindest regards

Colin

COLINTHOMAS

Hi Umberto,

In one of your previous posts you stated that "you should NEVER, EVER "uninstall" something by manually removing files and folders!!" I couldn't agree more. This led me to think that by my having deleted files and folders manually, that maybe there was a key relating to SimObject Display Engine that was left in the registry that was preventing me from installing GSX v2.0.0.1.

I went into Start, typed Regedit then went into the Registry Editor. Under Computer\Hkey_Current_User\Software\126bPilot\ there was folder named SimObject Display Engine. I went into that directory and found a key relating to Sode v1.3.0. I deleted the directory 126bPilot then went into GSX v2.0.0.1 and installed it into FSX Acceleration and P3Dv4 without any further problems. I have also installed the latest version of FSDT Addon Manager.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

I would still to know how and where I can download the installer for GSX v2.0.0.2. Can you please advise me?

Kindest regards

Colin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
that maybe there was a key relating to SimObject Display Engine that was left in the registry that was preventing me from installing GSX v2.0.0.1.

Yes, of course, and this key should have been removed as I explained, by:

- Uninstalling SODE 1.3.0 from the Control Panel

- Reinstalling SODE 1.3.0

Which would allow the SODE uninstaller to do all the required clean up.

I went into that directory and found a key relating to Sode v1.3.0. I deleted the directory 126bPilot

That would make GSX happy but, it might not be as safe as really running the SODE uninstaller, which might do other things, in addition to clear that registry key.

I would still to know how and where I can download the installer for GSX v2.0.0.2. Can you please advise me?

There's only one place you can find all our downloads, which is the "Products" page of our site. The links are always updated to the most current version so, you can't download something older by mistake.

IRBFDC

I had the same problem. Mr. Thomas's fix worked nicely. Thanks. Sincerely, Dave C. in West Virginia.