Author Topic: GSX not using Scenery order when scanning scenery  (Read 2286 times)

pellelil

GSX not using Scenery order when scanning scenery
« on: July 16, 2017, 11:11:23 pm »
Some of my 3rd party scenery is installed in the dokuments folder (C:\Users\[UserName]\Documents\Prepar3D v4 Add-ons), and both the Lorby-SI Addon Organizer and P3Dv4 Scenery Library shows this scenery in the top (e.g. I have UK2000's EGPK at the very top). However when GSX rebuild it's airport cache it reads EGPK from Orbx which has a lower priority. My guess is that GSX cannot see the priority of the scenery installed into documents !?

As a result GSX is using "the wrong" AFCAD, so I don't have the correct Gate/Parking options.

Pelle

pellelil

Re: GSX not using Scenery order when scanning scenery
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 12:29:26 am »
Did some further investigation. I have about 8-10 airports installed in the documents folder, but I only have this problem with 3 of them. The 3 airports causing this problem are based in Scotland/UK, for which I also have ORBX England and Scotland. However for the other airports (in Poland, Russia and Estonia), there are no alternative AFCAD. It seams GSX for some reason favors the ORBX England/Scotland AFCADs even though England/Scotland have lower priorities than these 3 airports (EGPK, EGLL and EGCC).

Just to confirm the issue I tried disabling EGPK in the documents folder and then manually install in directly in the P3Dv4 folder, and this "fixed the issue", however as LM is suggesting developers to use the dokuments folder, this shouldn't be an issue !?

Pelle

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not using Scenery order when scanning scenery
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 06:25:56 pm »
Yes, it's a known issue. GSX currently doesn't support the Layer property in the add-on.xml file. We'll surely update it in future versions but, in the meantime, the only solution is to remove the conflicting AFCAD files manually.

Note that, it's best if you do it anyway (removing conflicting AFCADs), because having AFCAD doubles might cause other issues, and it's a waste resources and it will increase the startup time so, the best practice is to prevent conflicts before they happen, by removing conflicting AFCAD files from the sim.