Author Topic: Parking Position  (Read 2527 times)

kmanning

Parking Position
« on: July 05, 2017, 10:55:42 pm »
Hi Virtuali,
I've noticed at few of the airports, Atlanta Hartsville being one of them at gate A4, the marshaller would have me to pull up to the gate way too far and some times, I go past him, running over him, before countdown goes to 0 distance, or when the marshaller tells me to stop. After looking over the manual, I realized that the STOP position was not placed correctly and I assume one would have to make that adjustment. positioned too far, and that seemed to explained why I did not get a STOP command from the marshaller or the countdown distance. I always thought that GSX has made all of these adjustments and there was no need in making the adjustments. So, after editing the parking position and placing the STOP marker at the T where the nosewheel would stop, it works fine. So, is it true that we have to make these adjustments on occasions?

Ken.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking Position
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 10:41:06 am »
The T position in the scenery AFCAD was never used by GSX, because there's nothing in the AFCAD that tells us exactly where the T. Or, more precisely, there is, but no scenery out there ever used that feature, neither default or 3rd party sceneries, which usually have fully custom ground textures, so their own T might be made using an entirely different strategy, and since it's just a texture, we cannot use that information.

So, GSX used to place your airplane reference point ( the center of the airplane) in the middle of the parking, which somewhat works, but is not very precise and it's not correct for every airplane. We COULD customize this, but it wasn't available to users.

The current version, instead, is way more accurate, and will park the plane taking into account the front gear AND the 1st passenger door, so it would put the passenger door in a predictable position, regardless of the airplane, to improve the jetways.

And, now, users have the ability to customize the stop position and the marshaller position, in order to better suit the scenery.

What you are reporting shouldn't happen so, please, indicate all the following:

- The airplane you were using, and if you customized it.

- The scenery you used. If it's not default, clearly identify it.

kmanning

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 11:01:58 pm »
What you are reporting shouldn't happen so, please, indicate all the following:

- The airplane you were using, and if you customized it.

- The scenery you used. If it's not default, clearly identify it.

Hi Virtuali,
The airplane I was flying was the QW757-200 and it was not customized in the GSX. I checked the latest satellite view and Gate A4 is where 757-200s do park. Before I make a flight, I go to Flightaware website and browse for the particular plane I'll be flying and get their gate information, it's origin and destination airports. These would be the gates the actual planes use.

The scenery was at Hartsville International, KATL. This is not the FSX default but one of those I've downloaded. I've tried to look up the file name but I can't find it. I think I downloaded it from AVSIM.

Ken.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 01:37:12 am by kmanning »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 11:01:15 am »
The scenery was at Hartsville International, KATL. This is not the FSX default but one of those I've downloaded. I've tried to look up the file name but I can't find it. I think I downloaded it from ASIM.

Try to supply with the exact filename of the scenery, so we might check if this is fact an error of the scenery AFCAD.

kmanning

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2017, 01:54:31 am »
Hi Virtuali,
I guess I could do this. I'll supply you a zip file containing the entire KATL folder with all the bgl files from my Addon Folder. Will that work?

Ken.