Author Topic: GSM install effects my Fsdreamteam and Flightbeam airports **SOLVED**  (Read 2677 times)

Nixon

Hi
I have the following Fsdreamteam airports KJFK, LSGG, CYVR and Flight beam's  KSFO HD.

I recently did a system restore and then flew to Flight beam's KSFO. On landing I only had the jetways showing and all other buildings were missing. On take off from UK2000's EGLL I was unable to display the GSX menu. I then checked and found the Couatl menu missing from the drop down menu.

I then uninstalled and reinstalled KSFOHD exactly follosing the instructions on this forum. This solved the problem of the missing buildings. As I was still unable to display the GSX  menu I uninstalled GSX and reinstalled the most recent version 8. During the installation I noticed that the installer appeared to move the files for the above four mentioned airports. When GSX finished it's installation I let it restart my computer. I then opened FSX  SP2.and got the following message
"SCENERY CFG file error
Local scenery directory (Fsdream Team \JFK\SCENERY) in scenery area 294 not found.
Click OK to continue."
I then had the same message for
LSGG   scenery area 351 not found
KSFOHD scenery area 379 not found and
CYVR scenery area 380 not found.

I selected the MS trike at KSFO, only to find that the Microsoft KSFO had loaded.

I have attached a copy of the SCENERY CFG entries for these four airports and I hope it's of use.

If you wish to see the complete SCENERY CFG please just ask.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Nixon
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 10:59:02 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSM install effects my Fsdreamteam and Flightbeam airports
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 06:21:17 pm »
If you wish to see the complete SCENERY CFG please just ask.

Of course. And NOT as a .txt or (even worse) as .pdf but, you must ZIP the file and ATTACH it to a message.

Your scenery.cfg is likely corrupted, since I think to have seen some non-standard commands added by a 3rd party configuration utility which might have corrupted the file, and caused the migration of the scenery areas to the new Addon Manager folder to have failed.

Nixon

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 08:07:35 am »
Hi
I have attached the asked for zipped scenery config file.
Regards
Nixon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 01:56:21 pm »
I have attached the asked for zipped scenery config file.

As I've said in my previous message, your scenery.cfg contains non-standard commands, which indicates you used an external utility to change it. Those non-standard command, as they are, wouldn't cause a problem to the migration process, because the only lines that are checked are the ones with the "Local" keyword, which will be changed from the old path to the new one, the one you installed the Addon Manager into, which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager.

However, such path hasn't been updated in your scenery.cfg file but, since there's no reason why the installer didn't do it, the only possible explanation is that the external utility you are using, must have restored your scenery.cfg to a previous version, one that was current BEFORE the sceneries were migrated, causing the problem.

Of course, this should be fixed by reinstalling all the FSDT and Flightbeam sceneries, using only the current installers, which will update all paths.

Or, if you know how to do it, you might just change all the "Local" paths in the scenery.cfg, to have the full path for the scenery, which by default is C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\ so, for example, assuming you installed in the default folder, this line:

Local=FlightBeam\KSFOHD

Should be like this:
Local= C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\FlightBeam\KSFOHD

This one:
Local=fsdreamteam\CYVR

Should be like this:
Local= C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\fsdreamteam\CYVR

And so on. This is what our installer does but, as I've said, if your external utility restored a previous version, I can see why you have the problem now. In any case, I've attached a "cleaned up" version of your scenery.cfg, with a more readable structure, which should make it easier to edit.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:02:58 pm by virtuali »

Nixon

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 11:24:47 pm »
Thanks everything is now working