Author Topic: Sode jetways  (Read 3895 times)

Nixon

Sode jetways
« on: March 06, 2020, 12:14:09 am »
Hi
At the following airports:
Flightbeam: KDEN,KSFOHD,KIAD and Orbx KSAN

I have large red crosses instead of jetways, I have run Flightbeam's troubleshooter with no effect. I have also run your GSX Level 2 Control Panel which says "Default Jetways are enabled".

I have attached a screenshot of the red crosses at Flightbeam's KSFOHD.

I have only had to use Sode jetways since purchasing GSX Level 2 and unknowingly I may have done something to cause this.I presume that this problem will be present at all add on airports with Sode jetways. I would therefore be grateful of any advice on how to remove the red crosses and restore the jetways.

Regards
Nixon

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Sode jetways
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2020, 12:52:46 am »
 Be sure that SODE is both installed and Registered as Active.
 The default install path for SODE is C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE where you would run the SODEPlatformManager to check.

mouss82

• Occitania VFR
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2020, 08:32:08 am »
Hi
for KSFO, look in sode / simobjects if there is a folder "Flightbeam_KSFOHD", this folder contains the jetways, if the xml does not find them, it displays this

bye ;)

Nixon

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2020, 01:50:07 pm »
Be sure that SODE is both installed and Registered as Active.
 The default install path for SODE is C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE where you would run the SODEPlatformManager to check.

Thanks for your reply and I have just checked and Sode is installed and active.

Regards
Nick

Nixon

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2020, 07:58:26 pm »
Hi
Is it possible to disable or uninstall SODE without adversely affecting GSX Level 2?

Regards
Nixon

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2020, 08:46:55 pm »
Pretty sure you need SODE in order to run GSX Level 2 since GSX replaces the default jetways with SODE jetways. That said, have you updated SODE? A new version came out not too long ago, version 1.6.6.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2020, 10:23:02 pm »
Whenever you see the red crosses, it's doesn't have anything to do with GSX, because GSX creates its own jetways on its own, doesn't require SODE until they become animated. Even if SODE wasn't installed, you would still see GSX L2 jetways, just they won't move.

The red cross, instead, it's an indication from SODE itself that some objects required by a 3rd party scenery are missing, which might be either a problem with that scenery install, a problem with the SODE installation, or a problem with your simulator, like wrong/missing registry keys.

Try to uninstall SODE and reinstall it, using the latest installer from its site:

https://sode.12bpilot.ch/

After reinstalling it, be sure you run the SODE Platform Manager and be sure SODE is activated in all installed simulators, showing no errors.

If the Platform Manager doesn't show any errors, and GSX L2 jetways works, but you still have those red crosses at these sceneries, you can be sure the problem is related to the sceneries themselves.

mouss82

• Occitania VFR
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 09:34:17 am »
Red crosses mean that a xml file is still asking SODE to place SimObject and those SimObjects don’t exists on your harddrive

Nixon

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 12:44:37 pm »
Whenever you see the red crosses, it's doesn't have anything to do with GSX, because GSX creates its own jetways on its own, doesn't require SODE until they become animated. Even if SODE wasn't installed, you would still see GSX L2 jetways, just they won't move.

The red cross, instead, it's an indication from SODE itself that some objects required by a 3rd party scenery are missing, which might be either a problem with that scenery install, a problem with the SODE installation, or a problem with your simulator, like wrong/missing registry keys.

Try to uninstall SODE and reinstall it, using the latest installer from its site:

After reinstalling it, be sure you run the SODE Platform Manager and be sure SODE is activated in all installed simulators, showing no errors.

If the Platform Manager doesn't show any errors, and GSX L2 jetways works, but you still have those red crosses at these sceneries, you can be sure the problem is related to the sceneries themselves.

The only reason I have SODE installed is because it comes with GSX. In my reply no 4 I asked if I needed SODE to run GSX Level 2 successfully? I would be grateful for an answer to that question.

Regards
Nixon

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 02:01:59 pm »

The only reason I have SODE installed is because it comes with GSX. In my reply no 4 I asked if I needed SODE to run GSX Level 2 successfully? I would be grateful for an answer to that question.
He already answered that question in the first two sentences. If you want animated jetways, SODE is required. Without it, the jetways show up, but don't move.
Captain Kevin