Author Topic: Upgraded from trial to standard, GSX won't load now (SOLVED)  (Read 2353 times)

Guy1432

The trial mode worked perfectly. When I entered the serial code, GSX crashed and now doesn't show up in the addons list in FSX. Couatl is on the list, but none of the commands for it work.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 05:21:51 pm by Guy1432 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Upgraded from trial to standard, GSX won't load now
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2017, 03:04:33 pm »
It's not possible that just activating GSX from Trial would cause a crash so no, the crash must be caused by something else. Maybe you tried it on an airport you could't use in Trial, and if this an airport has some kind of bug, it can cause an error.

Of course, is difficult to say, with a so vague description of the problem. Do you have some errors ? Have you seen a request to open the error log ? If yes, have you opened it ? What did it say ?

Guy1432

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2017, 04:00:30 pm »
No error messages or any sort of log, the moment I entered the code GSX disappeared from the addon list and no longer shows up there. I can try reinstalling GSX entirely and see if that fixes it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2017, 04:59:07 pm »
No error messages or any sort of log, the moment I entered the code GSX disappeared from the addon list and no longer shows up there. I can try reinstalling GSX entirely and see if that fixes it.

Then it's likely a problem with your antivirus, that must have blocked the program, which is required to activate. Perhaps mistakenly assuming that, just because it had to go online to activate, it might have been some kind of spyware or downloaded.

Download and reinstall with the antivirus disabled, and configure the whole Addon Manager folder from scanning before starting the sim.

Guy1432

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 05:21:26 pm »
Reinstalling it worked, no issues anymore. Addon is amazing :)