Author Topic: GSX Menu won't open  (Read 4592 times)

samwheeler

GSX Menu won't open
« on: April 18, 2017, 01:23:13 am »
Hi everyone, I am having an issue with GSX. The menu won't open at all.. CTRL+F12, clicking it in the drop down and everything. I tried reinstalling, no luck. Any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Menu won't open
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 11:24:37 am »
Which sim you use ?

Legitness101

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 09:19:30 pm »
I have this exact issue, I run P3D v3.4.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 12:33:23 pm »
I have this exact issue, I run P3D v3.4.

So it's likely you are running into the very well known problem that has been discussed so many times on the forum, and doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it affects all 3rd party apps with a menu, and it's the result of having updated the P3D Client only, and this will result in lack of files needed to support the Simconnect menus.

This is fixed by:

- Uninstalling the P3D Client

- Downloading and installing the P3D Content

- Reinstalling the P3D Client

This solution is valid assuming you do see the Couatl and GSX menu under the "Addons" menu, which indicates GSX is fully working and you are just missing the menu, because of the above problem.

Locarno1

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2017, 09:39:55 pm »
So I've done the above... I'm also having problems with the GSX and SODE menu not appearing in V3. I've followed the above instructions but the content one will not install... It keeps saying 'cont1.cab' can't be found, but it's in the same file as the file I'm installing?

Any help would be much appreciated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2017, 10:47:44 pm »
So I've done the above... I'm also having problems with the GSX and SODE menu not appearing in V3. I've followed the above instructions but the content one will not install... It keeps saying 'cont1.cab' can't be found, but it's in the same file as the file I'm installing?

So, your problem doesn't really have anything to do with GSX or SODE, it's just that you cannot update P3D properly. Maybe you had a bad download, try with the Full P3D installer.

Locarno1

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2017, 10:55:17 pm »

So, your problem doesn't really have anything to do with GSX or SODE, it's just that you cannot update P3D properly. Maybe you had a bad download, try with the Full P3D installer.
Yep... My bad! I do apologise.. Weird, as P3D Installed fine. Re-downloaded Cont1.cab and it's now showing, Both SODE and GSX!