Author Topic: FSDT Live Updater Installation  (Read 2690 times)

dingerbell

FSDT Live Updater Installation
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:53:56 am »
Silly Me,

I am still running p3Dv3 & have just updated the FSDT Live Updater, due to a lack of attention on my part everything has installed into the default location at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager

I would have preferred to have installed everything to my SSD (where my p3D installs are located).

My question is - do i have to uninstall everything & reinstall from scratch or is there a simpler way i.e. cut & paste?

Excuse my ignorance ... software is not my strongest attribute.

Kind Regards

Steve Bell

Stephen Bell

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Live Updater Installation
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2017, 02:58:09 am »
My question is - do i have to uninstall everything & reinstall from scratch or is there a simpler way i.e. cut & paste?

You must uninstall and reinstall everything, which is much easier than search for dozen of files in the location is being referenced for.

Also, it's VERY important that, during the last Uninstall (or not necessarily the last one, but you must do it at least once), you reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager?" which is being made at the end of the Uninstall process.

Doing this, will clear up your previous choice, and allow to freely choose the installation folder again.

dingerbell

Re: FSDT Live Updater Installation
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2017, 04:26:17 am »
Umberto,

Thanks for the reply, I will set about this before I commence my p3Dv4 installation.

Best

Steve Bell
Stephen Bell