Author Topic: Converting Cloud9 KLAX to FSX  (Read 7931 times)

crunk747

Converting Cloud9 KLAX to FSX
« on: February 15, 2009, 11:29:07 pm »
Hi,
 I just wanted to know if it was possbile to convert Cloud9's KLAX scenery to FSX format? Has anyone tried converting a scenery? Any info is appreciated because I would really like a good version of KLAX in FSX  ;D ;D

Thanks,

Dan

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Converting Cloud9 KLAX to FSX
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 11:51:36 pm »
It would never work, because it needs the Addon Manager for FSX to enable it, and not just for the activation, but also make part of the scenery to appear.

We would like doing a proper KLAX (and an EHAM too) for FSX but, what have stopped us so far, is the fact that roughly 40-50% of the users are still on FS9 and, releasing it for FSX only, would mean we would have potential sales cut in half, because there's not much more we could do for it in FS9 and, even if we could, we are not supposed to compete with Cloud9 with the same product on the same sim, not as long they still pay us for the use of our sales system, which they do.

crunk747

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 01:32:11 am »
Oh ok thanks virtuali.  ;D ;D Yes I understand about the customer base still being on FS9 (I still use FS9 most of the time), but would it be possible for FSDT to take Cloud9's scenery and simply update it so that it is compatible with FSX?  8) 8) Is cloud9 still doing business?
Their website hasnt been updated for more than a year  ???

Thanks,

Dan

Ray

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 09:15:58 am »
we are not supposed to compete with Cloud9 with the same product on the same sim, not as long they still pay us for the use of our sales system, which they do.

Wait a moment, does this mean I could purchase the Cloud9 Phantom now via PayPal too? I'll check that. That would be great.
*EDIT* Nope, method of payment didn't change... oh, well... so I'm saving the bucks for the next FSDT scenery...
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 09:48:42 am by Ray »

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 04:19:45 pm »
If you need a credit card to purchase from C9, PayPal allows you to generate a Secure Card, which is actually a one time use virtual mastercard.  You have no excuse for not grabbing that Phantom, if you really want it.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

thepilot

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 04:26:26 pm »
Aerosoft will produce Amsterdam for both FS9 and FSX. I suppose their rendition will be far superior over cloud9 ;)

Ray

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 07:10:06 pm »
If you need a credit card to purchase from C9, PayPal allows you to generate a Secure Card, which is actually a one time use virtual mastercard.  You have no excuse for not grabbing that Phantom, if you really want it.  ;)

It is my understanding, PayPal is no longer offering that service.  :-\

Dimon

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 04:25:02 am »
It would never work, because it needs the Addon Manager for FSX to enable it, and not just for the activation, but also make part of the scenery to appear.

We would like doing a proper KLAX (and an EHAM too) for FSX but, what have stopped us so far, is the fact that roughly 40-50% of the users are still on FS9 and, releasing it for FSX only, would mean we would have potential sales cut in half, because there's not much more we could do for it in FS9 and, even if we could, we are not supposed to compete with Cloud9 with the same product on the same sim, not as long they still pay us for the use of our sales system, which they do.

Why not to create dual-sim KLAX like you normally do for other sceneries? C9 KLAX is no longer a "competion". It's stone age according to 2009 quality standarts. Also, it's not supported by AES and it never will be. Moreover, commercially C9 KLAX is dead product, it may collect some money, but it's not a priniting press anymore after 3 years.

Simply speaking - you will be rich with KLAX for both FS2004/FSX. ;D

i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 04:58:35 am »
It is my understanding, PayPal is no longer offering that service.  :-\

I guess they don't... the help pages tell you how, but the links mentioned aren't there.  D'OH!
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

newmanix

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 12:23:37 am »
KLAX / LAWA have already released the new plans for all up comming changes! I have a feeling Aerosoft got the first heads up on it though. As to weather or not they are making an LAX senery... Only they know...