Author Topic: Problem installing FlightBeam KSFOHD  (Read 3286 times)

PDXMike

Problem installing FlightBeam KSFOHD
« on: May 17, 2017, 12:52:32 am »
I recently purchased KSFOHD from Flightbeam and installed and activated it. However, when I try to go to ksfo all I see are the default buildings.  
When I go to the addon manager and go to the flightbeam area, KSFOHD it says "Activated but not installed in the scenery library. I contacted FlightBeam support and they had me download the stand alone version of the addon manager and run it, which I did. There was no change.

They sent me over here stating it's an addon manager problem.

Can you help me out?
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:06:45 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem installing FlightBeam KSFOHD
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:26 am »
KSFOHD it says "Activated but not installed in the scenery library.

That's likely a problem with your FSX:SE registry settings, pointing to the wrong folders. Do you have, or do you used to have, standard FSX ?

PDXMike

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2017, 09:30:13 pm »
I used to have the DVD version installed. Only the Steam version now.  It's quite possible there are still registry entries from the dual install.

Can you point out the relevant registry entries and how they should be for just the FSX:SE version??

Thanks,

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 07:50:53 am »
I used to have the DVD version installed. Only the Steam version now.  It's quite possible there are still registry entries from the dual install.

Yes, especially if you removed it and didn't reinstall FSX:SE so, it's still configured AS IF FSX is installed.

Can you point out the relevant registry entries and how they should be for just the FSX:SE version??

See here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14166.msg104727.html#msg104727

PDXMike

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2017, 08:53:52 am »
Thank you It's working now.

Turns out the coexistence key was set to 1 set it to 0 and reran the setup exe file. All is working now

Mike