Author Topic: Plane Suspended in Air  (Read 2753 times)

davidbr22

Plane Suspended in Air
« on: May 01, 2017, 09:42:47 pm »
Hi:
I ran across this by accident when I had a KLAX flight as the default flight. When I started FSX and was in the startup screen, if I have any flight using your KLAX scenery as the default flight and change location to PHNL (your scenery) --- the plane is in the air over the parking spot.  If I do the same thing except using default scenery, it does not happen.  If I load the default flight using KLAX default scenery, change location to PHNL, it does not happen. It only happens from the startup screen and using klax scenery in the default flight and I change location to PHNL.  If I do the same thing except change location to your KJFK, it does not happen. This only happens when I change location from the startup screen. If I load a flight then change location, it does not happen. Any ideas ?
Dave
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 02:10:51 am by davidbr22 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Plane Suspended in Air
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2017, 08:34:41 am »
This issue has been discussed several times on the forum, see this post a few days agao:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,15503.msg111807.html#msg111807

As explained in that thread, it's not a problem of the scenery, but something that sometimes happens when you go to a scenery with a different ground altitude than the one you started with, it can happen everywhere, even with default sceneries, depending where you start and where you go.

The usual fix, is to go into Slew mode, and press one of the arrow key, just enough to move a tiny bit, which will be enough for the correct altitude to settle in, then exit Slew mode.