Author Topic: Parking codes in AFCAD files  (Read 2298 times)

Codee66

Parking codes in AFCAD files
« on: May 31, 2017, 11:18:43 pm »
Hi everyone, I originally posted this in the Flightbeam Forums, as I've only had issues with the Flightbeam ones I've tried, and was told to post here as they were thinking it's an issue with COALT. My issue has come up in all 3 COALT airports I've tried it with, Denver, Dulles, and San Francisco, all of them the Flightbeam version. My issue is when I open the AFCADS of each them in ADE, to add parking codes to certain gates and then compile, overwriting the original file all of the buildings are gone from each of the airports. Is there any way to simply add some parking codes to a COALT airport without losing the buildings? Thanks for any help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking codes in AFCAD files
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 11:37:18 pm »
The problem surely doesn't have anything to do with Couatl and there's no reason why changing the AFCAD would result in buildings disappearing. Nothing in the Couatl program prevents you to change the AFCAD.

The worse it might happen, if you either change the AFCAD name or change parkings assignement (no just the airline codes, but removing/adding parkings), is the GSX customization for it might not be loaded, but then the airport will work just as a default one for GSX, nothing else will affect the software, unless, by compiling, OTHER files of the scenery folder would changed, not just the AFCAD.

Codee66

Re: Parking codes in AFCAD files
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2017, 12:15:26 am »
Ok. I'll try uninstalling and reinstalling the airports and try again, maybe something else was going on with them that I didn't notice. Thanks for the response!