Author Topic: the addon unknown (NOT solved)  (Read 2391 times)

tstemmer

the addon unknown (NOT solved)
« on: April 02, 2017, 12:43:33 pm »
Hello,

I have the same Problem as the other had, but my Problem is not solved with a new gsx-install ;(

System: P3D, V3.4, HF3 under Win10 64bit.
GSX V 1.9.9.11

couatl v3.1 (build 3625)
panic log started on Sun Apr 02 12:38:26 2017

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\fsm.py", line 73, in executeDoFuncToCompletion
  File "couatl\GSX\assistanceServices\__init__.py", line 826, in do
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'gsx'
{}
User collision geometries reloaded
Changed AVATAR id (3)

I asked "Do you want to restart Couatl?" with "Yes", the same error comes back.

After I quit this error-dialog with "No", the AddOn is out of the Menu and I can reinstall it, because after restarting the Simulator (Prepar3d 3.4 HF3) this error come back and I can't never start GSX ;-( I only can remove GSX and reinstalling it...

Best regards
Tom
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 12:52:41 pm by tstemmer »

tstemmer

Re: the addon unknown (NOT solved)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2017, 02:33:42 pm »
I know, but this does not work on my pc. I've downloaded the whole package from fsdt and installed it, but it doesn't work, if I want to disable the addon...

But i have not switch off the antivirus-program, so I will try it today and check, if this was the reason for this error.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 02:36:06 pm by tstemmer »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: the addon unknown (NOT solved)
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2017, 09:37:49 am »
I know, but this does not work on my pc. I've downloaded the whole package from fsdt and installed it, but it doesn't work, if I want to disable the addon...

As discussed in all other threads about this error, the error is caused BECAUSE you disabled GSX. It's not fixed in any other way other than the one which has been discussed in the other threads, which is re-enabling it back.

We'll surely fix in a future update, so you won't assume this was some kind of bug but, the whole point is: why you would want to install GSX and than disable it ? The only reason to have a menu option to disable an addon, was to allow troubleshooting, not as a normal operation.

If you don't use GSX, you should uninstall it.

If you want to disable it on a specific airport for some reason, the proper way is to use the disable_on_airports command in the Couatladdons.ini file, as explained at Page 23 of the GSX manual.

If you don't need it momentarily, just don't call it. It doesn't take ANY memory ( since it runs *entirely* externally from the sim ), if you don't call the objects.