Author Topic: couatl.exe 0xc000007b error,  (Read 4453 times)

ttianshu63

couatl.exe 0xc000007b error,
« on: October 06, 2015, 04:22:43 am »
windows10 system, Prepar3D v3, previous V2.5 installation GSX1.9.0.9 no problem, but when prompted to install GSX1.9.12.0 run couatl.exe not start (0xc000007b), anti-virus software eliminates the couatl.exe and bglmanx.dll, vcredist_x86 and so installed a vcredist_x64, DX Repair repaired, but not solve the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: couatl.exe 0xc000007b error,
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 04:48:11 am »
couatl.exe not start (0xc000007b

Searching for this error, it doens't have anything to do with Couatl.exe, it affects many products (even not flight sim related), and it's always caused by missing/corrupted/not installed correctly VC++ libraries.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Origin/Windows-10-Origin-start-up-error-0xc000007b/td-p/4699279

Pen814

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 03:18:08 pm »
Hi I recently upgraded from P3D V3 to V4 and purchased GSX last week. I have been trying to install it to no avail. I get the error of 0xc000007b when ever I try to run the couatl.exe in administrator and it also appears straight away when loading P3D. I have tried your EA link below and looked all over the net and tried numerous things but I still get the error. When I go into P3D V4 the only thing I have in the Addon drop down is the SODE and Addon Manager.

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to PCs but want to try and get this working so that I can use it on the PMDG aircraft that I own.

Are you able to help in any way?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 03:23:44 pm »
The error is caused by missing/corrupted/not installed correctly VC++ libraries. Couatl requires the VC++ 2015 runtimes, 32 bit version, which is installed automatically by our installer, launching the official Microsoft installer, but if you have a problem with the configuration of these libraries, the Microsoft installer we launch during setup might not work.

Try to download it from here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=53587

Download BOTH 32 and 64 bit versions, install both of them.

Pen814

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 04:04:14 am »
Hello again,

I downloaded and reinstalled both the 32 & 64 bit VC++ libraries from your link provided but still get the error. So I uninstalled GSX reinstalled the VC++ libraries and reinstalled GSX and still the same error. I currently have GSX installed in to the following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager which was the default provided. I have attached a screen shot so that you can see what the install looks like in my computer.

Do you think that if I get a computer repair person to come out he can fix it or can you maybe provide someone who maybe able to remote into my PC and find out what I am doing wrong?

Cheers.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 10:20:44 pm »
I downloaded and reinstalled both the 32 & 64 bit VC++ libraries from your link provided but still get the error. So I uninstalled GSX reinstalled the VC++ libraries and reinstalled GSX and still the same error. I currently have GSX installed in to the following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager which was the default provided. I have attached a screen shot so that you can see what the install looks like in my computer.

As I've said, this error doesn't have ANYTHING to with GSX or its installation, and it's useless to reinstall GSX or trying to understand if there's something wrong in its installation.

The cause of the problem, which you can confirm by simply googling for that error text, is a problem with your VC++ runtime redistributables, and it might be caused by something that might be entirely unrelated to flight simulation.

Maybe another application you are running has installed the runtimes in the wrong way, so it's preventing the MS installers to update it successfully, possibly because the application is running.

Try to close as many running application as you can, and reinstall the MS runtimes. Both x64 and x86 version.

Another thing to try, is to Uninstall ALL versions of the VC++ 2015 runtimes, restart Windows, then reinstall all of them.

Pen814

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2017, 11:18:01 am »
Thanks for that I will try and uninstall the VC++ 2015 versions and reinstall and see how that goes. Thanks for the assistance.