Author Topic: Partial Fix with a rolled back copy of GSX for FSX  (Read 3577 times)

Daniel.Burke01

Partial Fix with a rolled back copy of GSX for FSX
« on: February 06, 2017, 06:34:54 am »
So I was semi right about what I've been saying about the installer and the "live update" feature sending something corrupt and causing the dll error and crash to FSX after the update.  As suggested by Umberto when I suggested it might be something being downloaded with all products by the live update in the installers for FSDT products, I turned my internet connection OFF and ran the installer.  1st test was the updated and most recent version of GSX.  With my internet connection off and installing the updated GSX, i still received the same error as I had with all versions of the program.  So I went back to my August 1st copy of GSX and ran the same test and BINGO....successful installation and START of fsx.  No dll file issue or error and no FSX crash on start up.  This semi proves my point that something in the latest update, as well as something that's related to GSX and being pushed to the other installers for FSDT products through a live update in the installer is causing the issue for us.  Even my KDFW was having the issue and the only common thread between my DFW, new GSX, and old GSX was files I saw being pushed in the live update.  Now with internet off, two of the three installers work.  Umberto am I on to something here?!  Let me know what else I can do to assist!

Thanks,
-Dan-

Hans

Partial Fix with a rolled back copy of GSX for FSX
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2017, 10:38:20 am »
The GSX-installers are a bit buggy sometimes in my experience. But that goes for all installers of all software.

The reason why GSX 'stands out' on this issue is because it's updated quite often. I think that's a good thing; we can enjoy all these updated features as soon as possible. The downside is that is looks like the installers are crap and always a problem, which technically they're not. All installers when released have their issues. But when you release 6 installers each year, it may look worse than it is.

I've had my issues resolved in almost realtime after reporting the issues by the developers by the way. So just open a ticket and they'll helpfully sort you out.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Partial Fix with a rolled back copy of GSX for FSX
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 11:11:27 am »
This semi proves my point that something in the latest update, as well as something that's related to GSX and being pushed to the other installers for FSDT products through a live update in the installer is causing the issue for us. 

Well, of course it's related to the update but, don't confuse cause with effect. If you have a crash with the "bglmanx.dll" error, the message is related to the fact it has been updated, but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it.

That message is a generic message that sometimes FSX throws out whenever you just trust a new module that has been updated AND the module has a digital signature and it couldn't load it for any reason. I sometimes got this from modules from every developers, but it always disappear after a restart or another try, so it's possible it might just a bug of the FSX re-trust routine.

But not many updates their modules as often as we do, and this is also an issue with some antivirus, that use very questionable heuristics to block/allow a software based on a "reputation" score, which is clearly wrong, because a software updated very often will never get a chance to build any reputation, and by doing so, the antivirus ignore both the fact the module is digitally signed (antivirus vendors suggest to do this, as a best practice to prevent false-positives) with an authenticode digital sign AND it has another digital signature, called Software Taggant, which is specifically designed to prevent false-positive in the first place.

P3D doesn't have the "trust" routine anymore and, guess what, we don't have any reports about the supposedly "bad bglmanx.dll" from P3D users.

So yes, the problem is related to the update, but it's not CAUSED by it.  As I've said in all other threads, if you still have this, please contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, because it's the only way I could see what's the problem in your case, since we are still unable to reproduce it in any way.

smnielsen

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 12:31:45 pm »
I have the same issue as Dan, as already reported in the other tread and have tried everything suggested.
I found the V.1.9.9.10 installer from December and installed with internet off as Dan suggested and everything is back to normal.
There is definitely something in the updated "bglmanx.dll" my and Dan's FSX don't like.

Best
Soeren   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2017, 12:34:54 pm »
There is definitely something in the updated "bglmanx.dll" my and Dan's FSX don't like.

As I've said in all other threads, even this one, if you still have this error, please contact me in private to arrange a Teamviewer session, because it's the only way I could see what's the problem in your case, since we are still unable to reproduce it in any way.

smnielsen

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 11:47:34 am »
I think Pete Dowson have nailed the problem, but no real solution. Except to continue to try.

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/82787-fsuipc-error/

Best
Soeren