Author Topic: JFK Price?  (Read 3976 times)

CaptKornDog

JFK Price?
« on: February 02, 2009, 10:26:06 am »
Hello all,

I've finally gotten some spare money to spend on FS and have been looking to purchase JFK.  I wanted to ask one quick question about cost, though.  The product page says JFK costs 22.90 EUR (which converts to about $29.10 right now).  However, when I go to buy the scenery through my FS9 menu, the order form says I will be billed $33.00.  Forgive me if this has been asked before, I tried searching but haven't found any similar topics and would like to save the ~$4.00 if I don't have to spend it.

Thank you. 

K.S. Weber
Colorado, USA

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: JFK Price?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 01:42:11 pm »
The product page says JFK costs 22.90 EUR (which converts to about $29.10 right now).  However, when I go to buy the scenery through my FS9 menu, the order form says I will be billed $33.00, USA

JFK costs 22.90 EUR only if you are in Europe and pay in EUR. The price in US$ is 33.00$.

That's not very different from, let's say, a song on iTunes being sold at 0.99$ in the US or 0.99 EUR (instead of 0.79) in Europe, which never changed, even when the EUR was at its top.

There are severeal reasons for this difference:

1) The EUR price will added of VAT for European users, which varies between 15%-22% (depending on country) so, we price it a little be lower for European users, because they'll all get VAT added on top of that.

2) We don't get payed by Esellerate immediately, but after 30-60 days, so we need to cover ourselves from the risk the dollar would go down between the moment a sale is made and we get payed for that. We DO check and adjust the price about every month or so (in fact, we lowered the price for JFK already, compared to September, when the dollar was less than 0.7 EUR worth, JFK was about 36.00 US$), but it's not automatic.

3) Esellerate (our payements provider) it's in the US, but we are in Europe so, we get payed by them in US$, but as soon as we get the money, OUR banks here will change in EUR at a ratio which worse than the official one, and they'll put extra expenses on top of that (since the inception of the EUR, banks here have lost their business of  the exchanging between all the different euro countries, and are recovering by increasing the costs to exchange between the non-UE currencies and the cost to just *receive* money from any place outside EU). So we need to put a little bit extra on the price in other currencies, to cover for this.

So, if you add all of this, there's the explanation of the different prices.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 01:55:24 pm by virtuali »

jay907uk

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 07:11:47 pm »
Hi,

It's only $4.00 which really isn't much and considering the work that the team have put in I'd say it's worth it. So don't dilly dally over $4.00 personally it's neither here or there just purchase JFK.

Rgds

Jay

SirIsaac726

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 11:41:02 pm »
Hi,

It's only $4.00 which really isn't much and considering the work that the team have put in I'd say it's worth it. So don't dilly dally over $4.00 personally it's neither here or there just purchase JFK.

Rgds

Jay

Jay, that 4 USD may not be a lot for you but to some people, especially in this economy, 4 USD can be a difference.  If you notice, Mr. Weber said he finally got the spare money to buy JFK so if he could save four dollars, why not?  Mr. Weber asked a simple question and
Umberto (I believe that is virtuali's name...I appologize if I got it incorrect) gave a very fair response.  Money is money and when you can save...why not? ;) :)

jay907uk

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 12:16:27 pm »
Hi SirIsaac726

Yes I can see your point especially which is a valid point indeed with the economy and that things are very tight. I must admit I've not purchased JFK yet but will do. But I think sometimes we need to treat ourselves with us working very hard. And sometimes it can take a while to get spare cash I can appreciate that Mr Weber said that he had finally got the spare money but am sure he also works equally hard and sometimes feels that he needs to treat himself like we all do. I think that I could of explained myself a little bit better when I first posted which is my mistake. :)

I wasn't being rude or having a go at Mr Weber and I hope that he wasn't offended as I wouldn't like to think I'd done that to anybody via a forum and that wasn't my intention,if this offended him then please accept my apologies.

Kind Regards

Jason  :)