Author Topic: PMDG B744F not refueling  (Read 2660 times)

crauds

PMDG B744F not refueling
« on: January 17, 2017, 05:09:29 pm »
Hi Umberto!

I had tried the PMDG B744 passenger model a couple of times (prior to last couple of updates) and everything seemed to work as per the manual.  But I have been trying to get everything to work for the freighter model.   After receiving the message, "please use refueling system..." I went to the FSX menu, PMDG, Fuel and changed the quantity displayed to the required fuel amount as usual and clicked on "apply" then exited the menu.  Nothing happened, and then I received the same, "please use refueling system..." message.  I rebooted my computer, reloaded FSX and tried again but the same result.  I checked the aircraft config in the GSX menu and noticed that "cargo plane" was unchecked.  I checked it, saved and restarted COUATL  but this had no effect.  I am going to try again with the passenger model to verify that it is still working correctly after the last updates.
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

Re: PMDG B744F not refueling
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2017, 06:58:18 pm »
More on this...
     I checked the log file after I loaded total fuel amount (after "please use refueling system..." prompt) and these entries appeared at the end of the current file:

Requested assistance services at Gate X 41
Fuel price =  1.481
Warning: attempted requestData on destroyed SimObject

I rebooted FSX and selected a new freighter model and still got the same log entries when attempted fuel load.  What does this mean?  The fuel truck was visible and the aircraft model exists and is visible?  This is stock FSX AFCAD for KMKE only modified to give the Cargo parking place a stand number (X41). 
Craig Williams
I7 7700K OC to 4.8Ghz 16GB DDR4 2666Mhz SD RAM GTX1060 6GB LIQ Cooled Win10 Home 64

crauds

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 01:41:05 am »
One final test with passenger model PMDG B744.  Tested different models at different AFCAD's.  Refueling no longer works on this model either.  The last entries in the log file on my final attempt:

Requested assistance services at Gate G 10
Fuel price =  1.481
User collision geometries reloaded

I wish there was a way to go back to version before the last 2-3 updates.  Everything except Concorde seemed to work, especially the 747.  BTW I use FSX SP2 version on Windows VISTA 64.  Hope you can solve this one, Umberto, because you got me hooked on the new refueling simlulation.
Craig Williams

crauds

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 01:38:14 pm »
I have inadvertently resolved the issue (I think).  I reinstalled the full GSX version again (but that was not the issue).  Then I reset the z-coordinate on the B744 and verified that it now was back working.  Why it had changed to a lower number is a question but for some reason it had moved too low and was no longer in the "sweet spot" range required for GSX to operate.  I adjusted it until GSX was again operational.  I did the same with the freighter model.  I had originally set the z-coordinate using the graphic editor but when the plane was heavy with fuel which lowered the wing.  When the plane was near empty, however, I could see that the spout didn't even reach the wing.  Adjusting it upward to reach the wing when the plane was near empty gave me a working coordinate value.  But, of course, now when the plane is heavy loaded with fuel the spout and the fuel agent's head reach through the wing!  But, I can live with that if he can!  LOL!

Still waiting on some workable resolution for the ConcordeX.
Craig Williams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:17:01 pm »
I had originally set the z-coordinate using the graphic editor but when the plane was heavy with fuel which lowered the wing.

It doesn't matter to the editor how loaded the plane was, because the editor puts the plane in Slew mode, so its using its static pitch, rather than the dynamic pitch, and that is not affected by the load. Unless it was also unbalanced on a side, like having one wing lower than the other one, which I'm not sure it's a case the airplane editor takes into account ( but the refueler truck does).

If it wasn't unbalanced on one side, maybe the PMDG 747 flexes its wings due to the fuel weight ?