Author Topic: GSX with latest version of P3D  (Read 2300 times)

Chazypax

GSX with latest version of P3D
« on: December 28, 2016, 03:50:18 pm »
All,

I'm experiencing a slight issue. I am running the latest hotfix 2 for P3D which came out not too long ago. I don't know if GSX is compatible with this hotfix yet but I'm having some strange problems. The issue I'm having is that GSX stops working when I'm sat at the gate. I request boarding and it lasts for about 20 seconds before an error comes up on screen, the error mentions that the script or something has stopped working and tells me that I need to go to www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager to download and install the latest installer which I keep doing. I do this and the next flight I do GSX works fine throughout the whole flight with no issues, then the flight after that, it starts again and tells me to go and install the latest installer. I'm installing the latest installer about once a day now, I can't imagine there's updates once a day.

Can anybody help with the issue?

Regards,

Charlie
« Last Edit: December 28, 2016, 03:55:03 pm by Chazypax »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX with latest version of P3D
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2016, 04:10:36 pm »
I'm experiencing a slight issue. I am running the latest hotfix 2 for P3D which came out not too long ago. I don't know if GSX is compatible with this hotfix yet

Yes, it's fully compatible with it.

I request boarding and it lasts for about 20 seconds before an error comes up on screen, the error mentions that the script or something has stopped working and tells me that I need to go to www.fsdreamteam.com/sa-addon-manager to download and install the latest installer which I keep doing.

The error didn't said just that, it also said to check your Couatl.ERR file for details about the error, which might be useful to know if the cause was "just" on outdated program, or something else.

Note that, if you GSX full installation was older than December 20th, you MUST download the GSX FULL installer, just updating the Addon Manager is NOT enough, as the release notes say:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

December 20th 2016

NEW REFUELING SYSTEM. Major Update!! The refueling system has been completely rewritten, with two new Fuel Truck models with a Trailer and animated crew, and a sytem that actual refill the airplane with realistic timings (can be accelerated) and multiple trips according to real world specifications.

IMPORTANT: This update requires downloading the latest GSX Full installer from the FSDT Website.

I do this and the next flight I do GSX works fine throughout the whole flight with no issues, then the flight after that

Of course it does...

it starts again and tells me to go and install the latest installer. I'm installing the latest installer about once a day now, I
can't imagine there's updates once a day.

No, there hasn't been so many updates, just a couple, but they are MINOR updates, which DO NOT require or ask to download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager (no update ever ask you to "go and install the latest installer").

And, do not confuse an PANIC Error message, which will ALWAYS suggest to download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager (regardless of the installed version), but will ALSO suggest to check the Error log, with a normal "Update" message, not caused by an error.

But again, if your full installation was made before Dec. 20th, you should have updated GSX with the latest FULL installer.

Then, you should't see any other prompt to UPDATE, but you WILL see a suggestion  to download the latest Stand-Alone Addon Manager, if you have an ERROR so, in that case, you should really check the Error log, as suggested, in order to understand what really went wrong.

Chazypax

Re: GSX with latest version of P3D
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2016, 04:50:59 pm »
Ok