Author Topic: Installation issues  (Read 2427 times)

CS-TMT

Installation issues
« on: December 22, 2016, 09:55:40 pm »
Hello sirs. So, I'm stuck in the installation of latest update. I choose my FS version (P3Dv2) and it begins installing up untill 40-45%, when it says "Uncompressing local GSX files". Then a popup window appears entitled "Microsoft Flight Simulator SimConnect Client v10.0.6..." saying that "Another installation is in progress. You must complete that installation before continuing this one" with a "Retry" button and a "Cancel" button. If I press "Retry" the popup appears again. If I cancel, it says that "user cancelled installation" and the stuck progress bar of GSX installation turns red and goes back.
Running Windows 7 64bit, setup is executed "as administrator" and the antivirus Kaspersky is closed as it detects some infected temporary files created by GSX installation.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installation issues
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 12:55:01 am »
The problem doesn't have anything to do with the GSX installer. At that stage, it's launching the Simconnect installer from your P3D folder so, the message saying ""Another installation is in progress" it's coming from that one. GSX is just waiting for it to end.

First, try after a Windows restart.

the antivirus Kaspersky is closed as it detects some infected temporary files created by GSX installation.

Since it's clear that Kasperky has a bug in this case, maybe the problem is that it's not *really* "closed" or, possibly, it locked the files from the previous Simconnect install (when it HAD blocked them), which might explain why the Simconnect installer is giving you that error.

Again, if you are SURE the antivirus is really disabled, a Windows restart (assuming the antivirus won't reactivate itself on reboot) should fix this.

CS-TMT

Re: Installation issues
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 04:09:13 pm »
Thanks for the reply, all solved now. Went to search on Google about the multiple installation issue and found out that if I delete all msiexec processes in the process manager it indeed solves the problem.