Author Topic: Fuel Truck stays under wing  (Read 2250 times)

Selkan

Fuel Truck stays under wing
« on: December 23, 2016, 02:54:52 pm »
I can't find this one else where so hope help is at hand.  I have installed new version of GSX.  I use the default FSX 737-800 for my home built cockpit.  I then click on No. 3 to request fuel truck.  New fuel truck arrives, stops under right hand wing and fuel lines are connected.  Then I wait and wait and wait.  In settings I have 15 seconds and max 10X acceleration set, but nothing happens.

I assume the truck will either move to the left wing or drive away on the assumption that all tanks can be filled from the one side.  Either way I can't then move on.  If I press No. 5 for departure, and say press No 1 etc, No.5 now reads 'waiting for other services to complete'.

Any thoughts please.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Fuel Truck stays under wing
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 03:06:31 pm »
New fuel truck arrives, stops under right hand wing and fuel lines are connected.  Then I wait and wait and wait.  In settings I have 15 seconds and max 10X acceleration set, but nothing happens.

On the default 737-800, as soon as the fuel hose is connected, you should see a GSX menu asking how much fuel you want to load. It's possible that, because you are running on a home cockpit, you don't see this screen ?

Selkan

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 04:08:30 pm »
Need to check, possibly out of view.  Will report back.

Thanks

Selkan

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 05:17:51 pm »
Hi Virtuali, I rather hope you are not reading this right now; it's Christmas Eve, and you should be having 'time out'  I did say however I would report back, so here goes.

Firstly, most of my problem was to do with the Verbosity Setting which I had not to show messages, as I don't like the messages when coming on to a Gate.  Anyway, I set this to show all messages.  I then started to get some messages saying Fuel truck on its way etc.

At first, I thought I still had a problem because I then got a message asking me to set fuel from my aircrafts menu.  For most people this might mean stopping the Sim, setting fuel, and then the Fuel Truck would 'do its thing'

I have however found a way around this.  I used to set my fuel before pressing 'fly now'  What I can now do is set my fuel to zero in all tanks, and when asked to use Aircrafts fuel menu, I can set the fuel I want in/on my FMC hardware within my Simulator.  This is of course much more realistic anyway.

Sorry to be a little long winded, but someone else might find this useful.  The only other thought I have is whether I will now have to look at messages coming onto a Gate.  Perhaps if this is the case, the Verbosity Setting for the Fuel messages could be a separate 'slider'?

Wishing you and yours a Very Happy Christmas.