Author Topic: Installing GSX into FSX steam  (Read 3496 times)

nbl5370g

• Noble Air Virtual Airline
Installing GSX into FSX steam
« on: December 22, 2016, 08:45:57 am »
Hi I have been trying to install GSX into FSX Steam but before it has finished the installation I get an error saying: Internal error: an attempt was made to expand the "app" constant before it was initialized. I have downloaded the latest GSX files from FSdream team site but not sure why this is happening.
Geoff
NBL5370
Hub Captain
Fleet Manager
Noble Air Virtual

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installing GSX into FSX steam
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 09:02:14 am »
Be sure your download the file to a normal disk, not a shared or a network folder, and execute it from there.

nbl5370g

• Noble Air Virtual Airline
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2016, 09:33:50 am »
I have tried what you suggested and still the error comes up. If I click ok it disappears and then I click next and the error comes back.
Geoff
NBL5370
Hub Captain
Fleet Manager
Noble Air Virtual

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 09:43:46 am »
I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce it and nobody else has reported it (it happened sometimes, but it's not a problem of the installer). Another possible reasons is that your FSX:SE registry keys are wrong or even entirely missing.

This can happen if you had FSX installed, uninstalled it after FSX:SE without reinstalling FSX:SE (which needs to adapt its registry to the new "stand-alone" situation) or if you or another addon not fully compatible with FSX:SE, set the FSX:SE registry keys in the wrong way, only to fool a non-compliant installer to install anyway.

See this reply here, which explains how the registry keys are supposed to be when the sim is installed properly:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14166.msg104727.html#msg104727