Author Topic: GSX Advice please.  (Read 2213 times)

otooleg

GSX Advice please.
« on: December 21, 2016, 04:16:48 pm »
Guys may I seek your help please? I have a pc that previously had fsx on it before I moved to steam. I am having issues when I try and install GSX both in terms of stability and in it accepting my licence....bought from JUSTFLIGHT.  I have been selecting Steam version when i install, should i try selecting FSX instead?  I cannot do a fresh install except as a last resort.
George.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Advice please.
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 05:34:13 pm »
You said you have issues accepting the license. This cannot be dependent from the version of the sim. Please clarify.

And yes, you should select the FSX:SE icon from the installer. However, you said you had FSX "previously". If you uninstalled it, the FSX icon shouldn't even be there. If you see it as active, it might be an indication your registry is wrong and still contains leftovers from the FSX installation.

otooleg

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2016, 06:01:44 pm »
To clarify. I had a previous version of FSX, which was uninstalled. I then loaded FSX:SE. However I am aware that even though you follow the Windows Uninstall instructions some of the registry files remain. I will try installing again and note the error messages I am getting.
George.

otooleg

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 03:03:01 pm »
I can confirm that deleting the old FSX registration - appears to have resolved my difficulties?
George
 :)