Author Topic: Catering Services not available for this aircraft **SOLVED**  (Read 14517 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Catering Services not available for this aircraft.
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2016, 03:38:17 pm »
ok now i'm getting really mad... I spent my last day just "reseting" all the aircraft configs

I'm sorry, but you are not resetting anything. Once the file for an airplane is removed, IT IS removed, and it cannot reappear by itself unless, of course, you go *back* in the GSX airplane editor, change something and press Save.

If you press Reset over a configuration that is already listed in the GSX airplane editor as using the internal GSX database, the Reset button is not doing ANYTHING.

Funta

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2016, 12:56:59 am »
Hello, I got exactly same issue with him
I tried format OS, remove %APPDATA%\Roaming\Virtuali folder before reinstall
I got same result
But today, I found something can be debugged with this issue

1. Press ctrl + f12
2. Choose "2 - request catering service"
3. Displayed "catering service not available for this aircraft"
4. Press ctrl + f12
5. Choose "7 - customize this parking position"
6. 'GSX Customization' dialog appeared
7. Look at [Max allowed wingspan] value on current gate, for me the value was '108.0' ('108.0' value was different every airport every gate, sometime It was '72.0' and so on..)
8. Press [airplane logo icon] button is in right next
9. [Max allowed wingspan] value is set to '63.0'
10. Press [Apply] button and close dialog
11. Try again  choose "2 - request catering service"
12. Displayed "Catering service requested" and catering service worked well normally

When I pressed [Apply] button on Step 9
New file has created at %APPDATA%\Roaming\Virtuali\GSX
For example, the file has named 'rkss-onagig.ini', 'rkpc-eh3kgy.ini'
[Max allowed wingspan] value has saved to

[Gate #N]
maxwingspan = 63.0

Firstly, I have to say I haven't any problem with GSX until installing new latest GSX Full Installer
In my opinion, [max allowed wingspan] or more some values are incorrect with their airplane on latest GSX/FSX:SE build
Please check these things devs, thx!

My test environment is
PMDG 777-300ER
FSX:Steam Edition
Windows 7 64bit

Sorry for my poor english

Best regards,
Funta[/size]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 01:10:35 am by Funta »

cjordan

« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2016, 10:56:58 pm »
I've been doing the same thing to get the catering to work..... Using the PMDG MD11.  FSX has been working flawlessly for months, no problems at all. GSX said there was an upgrade and have had the problem ever since the upgrade. I even redid the aircraft config in GSX and still have the same problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2016, 12:03:16 am »
We probably found the problem, and I guess you were all using airports outside the US or Europe. There was a problem with the ? code which wasn't recognized anymore as a wildcard, so in those non-US and non-EU airports, there wasn't any operator left to choose.

Try the attached file, to be put into:

FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Common

It should fix the issue. We cannot publish it as a Live Update right now, because we are working on a large update that cannot published as it is now.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 11:21:40 pm by virtuali »

Funta

« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2016, 05:40:33 am »
The problem has been solved
Thank you ;D

Best regards,
Funta

cjordan

« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2016, 09:21:28 am »
Yes so far so good.

danc444

Re: Catering Services not available for this aircraft **SOLVED**
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2016, 01:01:02 am »
Having same problem.

Rest, deleted folders and re-installed. Still no ground services. In my case just on PMDG 777, apparently.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2016, 08:18:21 am »
Rest, deleted folders and re-installed. Still no ground services. In my case just on PMDG 777, apparently.

You don't say if you tried the updated file that I've posted a couple of post above here, which according to all the others that posted after it, is supposed to fix this problem.

Renaissanceman

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2016, 04:20:25 pm »
Solved indeed. Thanks Umberto

p3dx3

« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2016, 10:49:02 am »
We probably found the problem, and I guess you were all using airports outside the US or Europe. There was a problem with the ? code which wasn't recognized anymore as a wildcard, so in those non-US and non-EU airports, there wasn't any operator left to choose.

Try the attached file, to be put into:

FSX\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Common

It should fix the issue. We cannot publish it as a Live Update right now, because we are working on a large update that cannot published as it is now.

This issue is back with the GSX beta, and I do not want to replace this file in case something in there breaks the new beta features. Is it safe to replace the latest file with this one you attached to get catering back? Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2016, 11:39:41 am »
This issue is back with the GSX beta, and I do not want to replace this file in case something in there breaks the new beta features. Is it safe to replace the latest file with this one you attached to get catering back?

This cannot be, since the line of code that fixed this issue (it was just a single line), it's of course in the Beta, along with many other fixes so no, you shouldn't replace the file.

I just tried it on a non-US/Europe airport (NZAA), and got a selection menu of two catering operators, chose one, and they vehicles arrived correctly.

As usual, when reporting a problem, you should ALWAYS include all the following:

- The airplane used. If it's not already pre-configured by GSX, indicate if you have customized it.

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly indicate the scenery used.

- The gate used and (possibly) its parking codes.

p3dx3

« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2016, 10:11:39 pm »
This issue is back with the GSX beta, and I do not want to replace this file in case something in there breaks the new beta features. Is it safe to replace the latest file with this one you attached to get catering back?

This cannot be, since the line of code that fixed this issue (it was just a single line), it's of course in the Beta, along with many other fixes so no, you shouldn't replace the file.

I just tried it on a non-US/Europe airport (NZAA), and got a selection menu of two catering operators, chose one, and they vehicles arrived correctly.

As usual, when reporting a problem, you should ALWAYS include all the following:

- The airplane used. If it's not already pre-configured by GSX, indicate if you have customized it.

- The airport used. If it's not default, clearly indicate the scenery used.

- The gate used and (possibly) its parking codes.

I was not sure if it was just the airports I was at, or something else. Thanks I will check more airports. But at Imaginesim ZSPD and Aerosoft German Airports 2 EDDP I did not get prompts for catering options.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2016, 11:04:06 pm »
I was not sure if it was just the airports I was at, or something else. Thanks I will check more airports. But at Imaginesim ZSPD and Aerosoft German Airports 2 EDDP I did not get prompts for catering options.

And that's entirely normal and it's what is supposed to be happening: if there are no choices, and only one operator has the highest score, it wouldn't make any sense to present a menu with just one choice, so the menu is skipped.

I tested the default EDDP, and I haven't got any catering selection menu, which is correct, since the only choice with the highest score is LSG, so I got LSG automatically.

I tested the default ZSPD, and I got the catering selection menu with 3 choices: Air China, Cathai and China Southern Catering. Chose China Southern, and it arrived correctly.

The fact you used addon sceneries shouldn't matter, because the Catering vehicles don't refer to airline parking codes so, you should see the same choices.

p3dx3

« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 05:04:19 am »
I was parked at the west cargo ramp of ZSPD in Imaginesim's scenery, I do not know if there are a lot of cargo codes in the afcad cargo parking spots. I was flying Aerologic code BOX.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 10:28:03 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 10:37:03 am »
I do not know if there are a lot of cargo codes

The cargo status of a parking doesn't affect catering in the *current* version ( the Public Beta ), that are selected separately from the other vehicles.

I was flying Aerologic code BOX.

Your own airline code never had any effect in the choice of the operator, let alone the catering vehicle. It only affects the choice of the ULD livery.

I'm not not even sure now what your problem is. Are you still getting the "Catering service not available for this aircraft" ?