Author Topic: error after installing  (Read 3648 times)

mllgrennman

error after installing
« on: November 26, 2016, 07:02:00 am »
installed ksfo...i got several error messages after blaming bad anti virus...thing is ...i have no anti virus installed for these very reasons...

i have no buildings showing with ksfo

latest installer and ran as admin

what else is there to do?

thanks

PhantomTweak

Re: error after installing
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 07:42:24 am »
One possible problem arises that I can see. Your FSX is installed in \Program Eiles(X86). Even with UAC shut down, and I hope it is, Windows, especially Win10, still gives problems.
Best possible solution, that I personally am aware of, at least, is to move FSX, and everything having anything to do with it, like Coatl, etc, OUT. C:\FSX, D:\Games\FSX, whatever. Just NOT in Program Files or Program Files(X86).
I don't know if that's the problem YOU have, but I can promise you, you will have problems with it eventually!
Pat☺

mllgrennman

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 01:40:35 pm »
Just NOT in Program Files or Program Files(X86)... but I can promise you, you will have problems with it eventually!

ive had fsx and countless add ons installed in the conventional path "Program Files(X86)" for 10 years with no problems...i think eventually has come and gone!

will this product not install in the conventional path?...

thanks

PhantomTweak

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 08:51:29 pm »
Did you recently upgrade(?!?) to Win10? Like I mentioned, Win10 will give problems where there were none before with programs, other than Windows stuff, in "that" location. Some Windows updates to the other versions will too. It's not FSX, per se, it's that the UAC stuff, even turned off in the Control panel, will still act like it's on, whether you like it or not. I think the error message said that it was trying to copy a file into FSX. Being in "that" location, Windows may be preventing it due to an update to your Windows version, or a change to Win10, whether you permit it specifically or not.
Now, I may be way off on this, but I read several forums, and there are tons of posts about this. I can't do this, I can't add that add-on, thus-and-such a program suddenly doesn't work, etc etc. The common wisdom that I can find says to stay away from that default location.
It may also be a problem with the version and/or location of the .dll mentioned in the error message. Try Googleing (is that a word??) the "(DLL Mentioned) in FSX" and see what pops up. I think it was bglmanx.dll, right? So try Googleing "bglmanx.dll fsx" (no quotes). There may be something about either version or location of the file you have as opposed to the file it is looking for.
I am sure the great Virtuali will stick his head in here eventually and solve your problem in 5 simple words. He does that all the time, but right now is probably enjoying a nice Thanksgiving break. I'm sure he'll be back in  day or so.
Not super helpful, I know, but it's the best I can do for you. Sorry...
Pat☺

mllgrennman

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 09:17:19 pm »
i got it!...needed to upgrade download manager...thank you though...

PhantomTweak

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2016, 07:21:51 am »
Glad you got it!
Sorry I was so far off, but everything I said still holds true about "that" location. While you haven't had any problems with it (I still think yet applies :) ), I have read so many forum threads about problems that others have had, and advice from the "experts", that I stand by my "move it out" thoughts. I am really glad that your trouble this time was totally unrelated to this, however. I will, hopefully, remember what your solution was if someone else encounters the same trouble. My memory isn't so great any more, though...
Anyway, enjoy! I hope you like the FSDT stuff as much as everyone else does :)
Pat☺

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 09:59:05 am »
There's are no issues whatsoever with our installers and UAC: they are all entirely compatible, and the installer is flagged to be run asking admin permissions or it won't even start so, UAC wasn't surely the issue.

The most likely issue, instead, it's the antivirus or another similar program that got a lock on the file, preventing it to copying TO the destination folder, or maybe preventing it from copying it FROM the Windows temporary folder created by the installer.

Another possible reason, could be trying to run the installer too quickly after quitting FSX, while FSX was still in the act of closing all files, so the lock on the bglmanx.dll file was still in place.