Author Topic: Installing On Multiple Computers  (Read 4776 times)

PilotJsmith

Installing On Multiple Computers
« on: December 28, 2008, 08:41:15 pm »
Is it possible to install the scenery on multiple computers with different hardware set ups and to use them at the same time all with one purchase.

I don't mind if you have to use multiple activation codes, it's just I want to be able to run it on multiple machines and only to pay once.

I am looking at the KORD scenery for FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installing On Multiple Computers
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 12:20:57 am »
As explained on the FAQ, you have 6 activations per order. Whether these are 6 hardware changes to a PC, or 6 entirely different PCs, it doesn't matter.

If 6 activations are not enough, if you buy more licenses, the activations will increase. There are discounts for multiple licenses, which are indicated under the "Volume license" option when you buy.

panos95

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2008, 11:28:25 am »
I reformat my PC very often and i have reactivated it many times. What shall I do if I run out of possible activations??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2008, 03:14:58 pm »
As explained on the FAQ, if you used 6 activations, and the older is not older than 90 days, you will need to email us, so we can manually reactivate you.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2008, 05:46:29 pm »
I thought you only used an activation if new hardware was detected... Formatting doesn't change hardware. ???
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2008, 10:14:23 pm »
I thought you only used an activation if new hardware was detected... Formatting doesn't change hardware. ???

Formatting SOMETIMES changes the volume ID that SOMETIMES is reported by Windows as a new hardware that SOMETIMES the Esellerate software detect as a new activation. However, the Esellerate software recognize what they call "minor hardware changes", and it usually don't waste an activation.