Author Topic: VTSP AFCAD Issue  (Read 4163 times)

skyymann

VTSP AFCAD Issue
« on: October 14, 2016, 07:36:52 am »
Hello Umberto,

Sorry to bother, but I've searched the forum and can't find an answer. I just purchased A_A VTSP and on my first flight in realize I am having an issue we have seen before, but I can't find the answer. The AFCAD GSX is looking at is quite different from the one FSX sees. Under Customize Airport Menu, I am showing E:\FSX\Scenery\0903\scenery\APX74290.bgl for the AFCAD in use. This is not correct. How do I point GSX to the correct AFCAD?

Scott

skyymann

Re: VTSP AFCAD Issue
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 08:09:30 am »
Just to add, I did  a complete GSX Scenery rebuild and still the same issue. I know we fixed this when it was happening at EDDM, but this is different. It is pointing to a default afacd. I'm at a loss

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 10:50:20 am »
First, try to regenerate the airport cache in GSX with Logging enabled, and see if you find anything that looks like an error in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl.LOG file. Something that might indicate GSX rejected that file for some reason.

If you don't find anything in the log, check the scenery AFCAD with ADE or AFX to see if it has parkings and its ICAO code.

skyymann

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 05:10:30 am »
Good Morning Umbrto!

I did as you said and the only thing I found in the file regarding VTSP was this.

using "E:\FSX\SimMarket\PhuketIntFSX\VTSP_FSX_LANDCLASS\scenery" (layer 347)
  using "E:\FSX\SimMarket\PhuketIntFSX\VTSP_FSX\scenery" (layer 348)

No errors reported except for FSDT airports not yet installed. Now looking at the AFCAD itself

Scott

skyymann

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 05:18:13 am »
I can't seem to open the add on in ADE. I did do a search for the stock airport and that is the AFCAD GSX is going to even though FSX is seeing the correct AFCAD. I did check with A_A and of course they said it is a GSX issue. They were also under the impression that you had a fix for this.

Scott

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 12:04:54 pm »
I can't seem to open the add on in ADE

Please clarify. Which file you opened (it must be an AFCAD) and what's the result ? An error from ADE ?

skyymann

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 12:13:05 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I actually can't tell which .bgl file is the ad ad.

Scott