Author Topic: Airport Adds not working correctly with GCS  (Read 1955 times)

moranaduk

Airport Adds not working correctly with GCS
« on: October 17, 2016, 01:56:29 pm »
I have recently installed GSX and am very happy with the add on. It works perfectly at standard FSX Steam ed. airports.

I have some add on airports (ALL purchased through Steam) and none of them are working correctly with GSX. If you load an aircraft at one of the gates the aircraft is parked in the wrong position.

I have tried to find similar posts on here to see what fix is possible but cannot find one. References to AFCAD files are made but not not sure of the exact process.

Grateful for your help.
Many thanks
Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Airport Adds not working correctly with GCS
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 05:38:41 pm »
I have some add on airports (ALL purchased through Steam) and none of them are working correctly with GSX. If you load an aircraft at one of the gates the aircraft is parked in the wrong position.

You mean Steam DLC for FSX ? If yes, I'm afraid there's no solution possible, because the files are encrypted:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,14362.msg105912.html#msg105912

Being encrypted, there's no way for GSX to open them to read the parking data. This is not something that affects just GSX, but also every other utility out there which takes data from the scenery AFCAD, like flight planners or the popular AFCAD editing utilities like ADE or AFX, meaning you cannot even edit the file yourself.

The only solution to this, is asking to the scenery developers if they could either supply you with an unencrypted version of the scenery AFCAD, something that is surely possible on Steam, since many games Steam on fully support user modifications so, the decision to encrypt a file is probably the developer selling through Steam can choose to do or not to do.