Author Topic: GSX not showing up in Menu bar  (Read 4260 times)

kj54

GSX not showing up in Menu bar
« on: September 12, 2016, 01:37:02 am »
Hello,

I am having trouble getting GSX to work on FSX SP2. I recently purchased your GSX product from FSPILOTSHOP.COM and I am having trouble getting it to work. Once I downloaded it I noticed that it was on Trial Mode. So I put in my registration key and it says that the Product is Active. However in my add ons tab all i have are “SODE 1.3.4” “FSUIPC”, “Couatl settings” and “Couatl Live Update” and “Add-on Manager”. I go to addon manager and select GSX and click save to FSX but it says I have to restart FSX. I restart FSX and it is still not there and I have tried this multiple times. I read the manual and haven’t got any feedback as to what to do. Please get back to me ASAP! Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not showing up in Menu bar
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 10:08:42 am »
However in my add ons tab all i have are “SODE 1.3.4” “FSUIPC”, “Couatl settings” and “Couatl Live Update” and “Add-on Manager”.

If you have both the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus, it means everything is working, the only possible reason why you don't have the GSX menu, is that you haven't installed GSX.

Yes, it's possible you activate it without installing, but maybe you downloaded another FSDT installer, or the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and not the full GSX installer.

Be sure you download the full GSX installer. Use only the link on our webpage: some retailers provide a link to an old installer on their site, which is likely to be outdated.

kj54

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 11:01:05 pm »
I uninstalled FSX Gsx through control panel and reinstalled it using the link on fsdreamteam's website and am still having the same exact problem

kj54

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2016, 08:06:17 am »
 :( anyone else having the same problem?? If so how did you get it to work?. I also forgot to
Mention that in the beginning of this error it worked once and I was able to see it and use it and then I clicked the last option which said something along the lines of restart to default airport or something like that. HOW CAN I GET THIS TO WORK!!!! Any input is appreciated!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2016, 08:16:34 am »
anyone else having the same problem?? If so how did you get it to work?. !

Nobody ever reported this problem before. If there's a problem, usually with the antivirus, the Couatl menu or the Addon Manager menu might not appear, but if you have the Addon Manager and the Couatl menus, it means that everything is working normally, and the only possible reason of missing JUST the GSX menu, is that you haven't installed GSX.

Be sure you installed GSX and not, for example, just the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. Use only the current GSX full installer, as found on our website.