Author Topic: Latest Update / KMEM jetway control - issue using with FS2Crew  (Read 1826 times)

bhorv67

First, thank you for making the update to manually deploy the SODE jetway as needed at KMEM. However there seems to be an issue where there's not enough time allowed after the jetway connects to the plane when GSX wants to retract the jetway, and boarding hasn't completed yet.

I use FS2Crew Reboot for the NGX which when using the preflight events flow, there's 25 minutes from the time the power up procedure begins until pushback. During this time, catering and fuel is loaded, passengers are boarded, all preflight procedures are done, etc.. I typically deploy the jetbridge at power up, but since the recent update, GSX calls to close the main boarding door and retract the jetbridge 15 minutes after its been deployed, which is not enough time.
My question is can a change be made to GSX to manually retract the SODE jetbridge at the users discretion, or can the time limit be a user entered value in the Customize Parking Position menu?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Latest Update / KMEM jetway control - issue using with FS2Crew
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2016, 02:05:32 pm »
I typically deploy the jetbridge at power up, but since the recent update, GSX calls to close the main boarding door and retract the jetbridge 15 minutes after its been deployed, which is not enough time.

As you might have noticed, now GSX ask you to close the passengers door and THEN it retracts the jetway.

My question is can a change be made to GSX to manually retract the SODE jetbridge at the users discretion, or can the time limit be a user entered value in the Customize Parking Position menu?

The act of closing the door IS precisely what let you control the automatic jetway retraction. If you must wait for other things to complete, simply keep the passengers door open.

And of course, if you are annoyed by the repeating remarks about it, you can set a longer timeout between messages in the GSX Settings.