Author Topic: Possible workaround to install Vancouver in D\: drive?  (Read 3615 times)

Maurice Pratt

Possible workaround to install Vancouver in D\: drive?
« on: April 13, 2016, 11:57:19 pm »
I've installed P3D v3 (now v3.2) in D\: which I realize should have been D:\P3D. Now the Vancouver v1.4 installer won't recognize D\: so the install fails. Oddly, I've installed all the other fsdt airports in this configuration without difficulty, including the current Addon Manager, and it would be far too time consuming to reinstall P3D and its many addons, just to have Vancouver again, excellent though it is.

Might there be some workaround to get Vancouver installed manually? Will all future fsdt releases fail to install in this configuration as well?

Unfortunately after I ran the Addon Manager installer today P3D will no longer load. Starting P3D produces an error message ("cannot find .dat files"); continuing P3D loading seems ok until point where scenario screen should appear, but P3D closes instead.

Is there a way to correct this problem? Everything appears to be intact in the D:\fsdt folder.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 02:13:42 am by MauryP »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Possible workaround to install Vancouver in D\: drive?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 12:42:55 pm »
Already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,12922.msg97070.html#msg97070

We'll release an updated installer for CYVR together with the next GSX update and KMEM release. All other FSDT products installer are already updated, the only one still missing is CYVR.

However, I still strongly suggest AGAINST installing into the root of a drive. If you want to dedicate a drive to the sim, that's perfectly fine, but don't install into D:\ but into a subfolder of it.

Many installer routines will have trouble when trying to access the root of a drive.

Maurice Pratt

Re: Possible workaround to install Vancouver in D\: drive?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 03:27:19 pm »
Thanks, I'm taking your advise and reinstalling P3D v3 in a sub-folder on drive D.