Author Topic: No Building **SOLVED**  (Read 3740 times)

Caribflyer

No Building **SOLVED**
« on: April 09, 2016, 01:45:42 pm »
Hi,

I recently switched from FSX Boxed to FSX Steam. At the moment I only have FSX Steam installed and when I tried to install my FSDT products, in some cases I am seeing no buildings or even no runway textures and buildings (KIAH). In my FSX menu I am seeing the entries for Coualt and Addon Manager and in the Addon Manager it shows that the products are active but not in the scenery library. When I check the scenery library, the entries are all there and in some cases I even added them again manually. Any suggestions on how I can solve this issue?

Also, although I installed GSX, when I run the installer for another airport is says that no GSX is installed and the AppData\Roaming\Virtuali folder is not being updated at all. It has only a GSX folder (empty), Coualtaddons ini and key mapping ini. files.

At the moment I have no antivirus running and everything works just fine when I had both FSX boxed and FSX steam installed. FSDT products were working on both sims.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 10:24:45 am by virtuali »
Marlon Carter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Building
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 10:40:07 am »
In my FSX menu I am seeing the entries for Coualt and Addon Manager and in the Addon Manager it shows that the products are active but not in the scenery library.

That's the problem so, you can disregard everything about antivirus, etc.

The most likely issue seems, because the way you updated from FSX to FSX Steam, your registry is not corrupted. Most likely, you installed FSX:SE, then you removed FSX and this WILL cause problems.

The correct way to switch to FSX:SE, is to uninstall FSX BEFORE installing FSX:SE, otherwise your FSX:SE will be installed in "dual mode", assuming it's running together with FSX, but if you remove FSX afterwards, all the registry entries will point to the wrong folders and will confuse products that properly recognize when the two sims work together, like our own.

I think uninstalling FSX:SE and reinstalling it should fix your registry and have the sim correctly configured to run in "single mode", which is how is supposed to work when there's no FSX installed.

Caribflyer

Re: No Building
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 07:03:15 pm »
I think I got the problem fixed. I changed the Coexist value to 1 and everything got installed properly. Then I disabled the FSX registry entry since there was one for FSX and FSX SE. The installation paths in the appdata folder for both entries use the FSX folder and not the FSX-SE folder even though one was also created in the installation of FSX Steam. It's all very confusing but disabling the FSX registry entry seems to have things running smoothly again.
Marlon Carter