Author Topic: Splitting Out GSX Sounds to a Headset  (Read 2635 times)

kilmer

Splitting Out GSX Sounds to a Headset
« on: April 01, 2016, 12:00:23 am »
Hello.  I have a Logitech G35 headset and I have split out ATC and ATIS sounds using FSX.  I noticed I could ostensibly do the same thing with GSX sounds.  It's not really clear if just the voice transmissions will be split or all GSX sounds, but I tried it.  Then I could not hear anything from FSX through the headset.  I went back and reset the GSX audio to the default speakers and I was able to again hear ATC and ATIS through the headset.  With an ATIS transmission playing, then, I went into the GSX settings menu and switched the output device to the headset.  Back in FSX, at first I could still hear the ATIS, but with each passing second, as Coatl was being restarted, the ATIS sound started going slower and deeper, much like HAL in 2001 (if any of you are old enough to know that reference).  After a few seconds, I guess when Coatl had gotten completely restarted, I could no longer hear the ATIS message.

So it seems that attempting to get GSX sounds on anything but the Windows 7 default output device, a headset for example, kills the headset.  This is not an insurmountable problem.  I will merely continue listening to GSX sounds through the computer's speakers.  I just thought it would be cool to reroute the voices in GSX through the headset.  Please do not spend a lot of time looking for work-arounds.  I'm not that motivated, really, to go through a bunch of setting changes and log file analyses.  Just thought you should know in case, in a future update, you may be thinking what I'm thinking about the voices in GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Splitting Out GSX Sounds to a Headset
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 03:58:15 pm »
We'll surely look into it, but I don't think this has much to do with GSX coding, which is surely designed to handle multiple audio devices and, in fact, it lets you select one.

It's more likely depending if your audio driver supports multiple audio device in OpenAL, which is what GSX use. If the OpenAL implementation of your audio drivers only supports the Windows default audio device or, possibly, it has issues with it, GSX can't do much to fix it.