Author Topic: Wrong bus at LIRF with 777!  (Read 2692 times)

Artur

Wrong bus at LIRF with 777!
« on: March 29, 2016, 04:49:12 pm »
Hi Umberto! With a payload like in PMDG777, you send me a bus like that for passangers?!? :o
The scenery is rome LIRF 2015 from Aerosoft.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Wrong bus at LIRF with 777!
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 05:00:03 pm »
As explained on the GSX manual, and as discussed many times on the forum, the choice of a bus is calculated starting from an estimated number of passengers, which is calculated by dividing the total weight of all loading stations by 220 lbs, which is an industry standard for an average weight of a passenger + luggage.

The total loading stations weight is simply asked to FSX using Simconnect so, GSX can only act on this data.

So, the real question is NOT why GSX display the "wrong" bus (which IS correct, from its own point of view), but why the weight of all loading stations reported by the standard Simconnect is not correct.

Some of the possible reasons are:

- That airplane has its own internal simulation of payload, so it doesn't use the standard loading stations. In this case, there's simply nothing we can do in GSX, which cannot possibly known anything on any airplane, if it's running inside some kind of internal simulation of systems.

- You changed the load using some kind of custom method provided by that 3rd party plane, AFTER you activated GSX. The read of the station data, which affect the choice of vehicles, is made only once after you first call GSX, and it's not constantly repeated. This means you should always act on the loading BEFORE calling GSX.

Artur

Re: Wrong bus at LIRF with 777!
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 06:05:05 pm »
I see. But let me tell you this:the flight was from HECA to LIRF, and at boarding, the bus was correct. The issue appear at LIRF at deboarding. So has something to do with airport.bgl also?