Author Topic: Lost taxi and wig wag signs, help! **SOLVED**  (Read 5061 times)

p3dx3

Lost taxi and wig wag signs, help! **SOLVED**
« on: March 22, 2016, 08:16:11 am »
I installed Orbx SCA and now my taxi signs and wig wag textures are gone. I can see the flashing lights when approaching runways but there are no taxiway and runway signs! This happens at LAX I thought more but am wrong. What can I do to fix this? Last week I ran the GSX installer again should I re-download it? I have FSX Acceleration. Thank you

edit forgot to mention I made sure to remove the afcd files for KLAX from the Orbx SCA scenery folders. I'm stumped.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 01:11:26 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Lost taxi and wig wag signs, help!
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 08:50:51 am »
I fail to understand why this would have anything to do with FSDT or GSX. Unless you noticed the runway lights disappearing as soon as you selected GSX, which doesn't seem to be the case from your report.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 08:55:01 am »
I fail to understand why this would have anything to do with FSDT or GSX. Unless you noticed the runway lights disappearing as soon as you selected GSX, which doesn't seem to be the case from your report.

http://i.imgur.com/taT3iwk.jpg

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 09:01:05 am »

Yes this was what confused me because I didn't always get it. At first I thought it was just LAX, but it happened before at LAS and when I posted this topic I couldn't get it to happen when loading FSX. You mention GSX loading and I tested that and this is the problem. It happens when I am at the gate, and select GSX, then push back. Seems to be at any fsdt airport. After GSX starts my taxi signs and all the wig wag platforms all disappear. I'll try re-downloading GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 09:03:44 am »
Ok, sorry, I misunderstood you: I thought that "Orbx SCA" was an airport, and you lost runway lights *there*...are you saying that, before installing this OrbX product, runway lights at KLAX worked, now they don't work anymore ?

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2016, 09:10:52 am »
Ok, sorry, I misunderstood you: I thought that "Orbx SCA" was an airport, and you lost runway lights *there*...are you saying that, before installing this OrbX product, runway lights at KLAX worked, now they don't work anymore ?

I am guessing that it only started after installing Orbx SCA, I do not remember seeing it before. At LAS and LAX it seems once I activate GSX at the gate my taxi and other signs disappear.

p3dx3

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 09:18:03 am »
Just tried at Flightbeam DEN, taxi signs did not disappear. I was trying to see if it was the virtuali files or something. Will try ORD next. So far only LAS and LAX this happens to me after starting GSX.

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 01:02:43 pm »
I think my problem is solved by re-downloading the GSX installer and running it again. Could have been user error.