Author Topic: It is so boring now  (Read 3925 times)

bradley27

It is so boring now
« on: February 15, 2016, 12:57:20 am »
Excuse the subject header but seriously i am losing it with this bid to keep up with why FSDT airport sceneries are failing to show up in P3D, one minute they work and then a few days later they dont.

I use P3D3.1, i uninstalled the addon manager and reinstalled thinking that would fix things, ran the Couti updater and that didn't work either, restarted the PC after all of these attempts and still Vancouver and Houston aren't displaying, all i see are jetbridges and AI aircraft.

Why is it such a big song and dance all the time, I would be so frustrated if i had prepared a long haul flight to one of these airports thinking they were active to then find on finals that infact they aren't working!

I only have AVG installed for Virus protection nothing else. I have both Addon and Couti listed in the dropdown menu in P3D..

I got this message during loading from Houston to Vancouver because i wanted to see if it was only Houston playing up...funny enough though LAX is fine?!

couatl v3.0 (build 3187)
panic log started on Sun Feb 14 23:47:21 2016

problem raised by addon <unknown>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 138, in onEnter
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 208, in onEnterArea
  File "couatl\common\sceneryAddOnMulti.py", line 161, in refreshDynamicObjects
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 43, in refresh
  File "couatl\common\dynamicShadows.py", line 128, in refreshObjects
  File "couatl\CYVR\__init__.py", line 287, in seasonChange
  File "couatl\CYVR\__init__.py", line 268, in patchSeason
RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the path specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_CYVR/CYVR_sf01.mdl"
{'Airport': 'CYVR', 'User Pos': (49.18484788382857, -123.16172760911282, 6.15676 m, 1.88976 m, 280.7485351245849)}

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: It is so boring now
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 09:54:07 am »
I use P3D3.1, i uninstalled the addon manager and reinstalled thinking that would fix things, ran the Couti updater and that didn't work either, restarted the PC after all of these attempts and still Vancouver and Houston aren't displaying, all i see are jetbridges and AI aircraft.

RuntimeError: CreateFile failed: The system cannot find the path specified: "C:\ProgramData\virtuali/FSDT_CYVR/CYVR_sf01.mdl"
{'Airport': 'CYVR', 'User Pos': (49.18484788382857, -123.16172760911282, 6.15676 m, 1.88976 m, 280.7485351245849)}

From this error message, it seems your mistake is that, by uninstalling and reinstalling, you have uninstalled the scenery and everything else, reinstalled the Addon Manager and forgot to reinstall THE SCENERY !!!

The path that cannot be found in the error message, is created and filled with files by the scenery full installer and of course is removed when you uninstall the scenery.

Note that, if you had the scenery installed in FSX and P3D too, that folder is SHARED, for the obvious reason to save you lots of hdd space (precious, if you use SSDs) if you install under both sims.

AND, they are not placed in the sim folder, because the files needs to be MODIFIED in real-time, depending which sim you use, so the are placed outside the non-writable C:\Program Files folder.

This also means, if you uninstall from FSX, but want to keep the scenery in P3D, you must REINSTALL the scenery in P3D, because that folder is shared (and thus removed) between both sims.

I got this message during loading from Houston to Vancouver because i wanted to see if it was only Houston playing up...funny enough though LAX is fine?!

Because KLAX doesn't use that space-saving feature of storing 3d objects in the C:\ProgramData folder so, even if you uninstalled from FSX, the P3D copy is still there.

bradley27

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 02:07:40 pm »
I only have P3D, I did once have FSX but i removed all of that when P3Dv3 came out. I then freshly installed all the P3D installers into P3D

The 3 airports from you guys that i currently use did all work, up until this past weekend when i saw LAX working but the other 2 failing to display. As previous practice suggested uninstalling ONLY the addon manager and then installing the latest build would sometimes fix things but on this occasion i hasn't. Houston and Vancouver are both in my list of installed material and i haven't touched or amended them in anyway so i am not too sure how they could have become corrupt as so to speak but when i get in i will remove them both and freshly install.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 02:10:50 pm by bradley27 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 03:00:36 pm »
I only have P3D, I did once have FSX but i removed all of that when P3Dv3 came out. I then freshly installed all the P3D installers into P3D

Then, regardless of the previous FSX installation, the only possible explanation is that you installed the sceneries, but not CYVR. Or, you installed CYVR, uninstalled it trying to "fix", and reinstalled only the Stand-Alone Addon Manager.

The error message is quite clear: the program cannot find the objects that belongs to CYVR in the folder they are supposed to be, which of course is something done by the installer when installing the scenery using the full installer (NOT the Stand-Alone Addon Manager)

Installing CYVR with its normal installer now will surely fix the problem.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 03:02:15 pm by virtuali »