Author Topic: The more I customize GSX, the more I realize how good the product is.  (Read 3810 times)

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
Well done Umberto, not sure if you did all this work yourself, but the customization of GSX is nothing short of brilliant.  Bravo!

Cheers, Rob.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2016, 08:00:49 pm by robains »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: The more I customize GSX, the more I realize how good the product is.
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2016, 09:50:13 pm »
Thank you.

In fact, I must say that I did more the design of GSX, rather than the actual implementation of it, and it's really a team effort. There are other people working on GSX that never post on any forum, yet they are just as important to it.

Yes, using the customization well can really adapt GSX to almost any situation, the difficult part is create easy to use user interfaces for it. Many additional chances are already in, but are only available to us, because there's no UI for them (yet).

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2016, 11:45:30 pm »
I was guessing it would be a team considering all the nice 3D objects you've created in addition to all the scripting/code logic. 

Is there a doc I can read up on that has those changes not part of the UI?

The only issue I've not been able to adjust via customization is the starting locations of the baggage train (2 trains) ... they both seem to start from the same initial location and hence when they overlap each other when approaching then split up to appropriate cargo loader.  Any hints welcome.

Pushback configuration is fantastic, can define/adjust for a perfect pushback ... (using CS L1011 at NSTU).

If you think about all the complexity, I'm amazed it all works so well.

Cheers, Rob.

acra24

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 12:40:30 pm »
I second what Rob has said.  It's really good that I can place all my vehicles in a particular place.  Makes the sim much more realistic.

robains

• Beta tester
    • Rob Ainscough
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 05:11:55 pm »
Here's a flight I did with GSX customized at NSTU and AYPY ... Avatar mode walk around at the end so I can get up close and personal with the aircraft and ground support.

Cheers, Rob.

acra24

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 09:29:34 pm »
I'm going to spend some more time customizing my parking spots now I think...

The LM Tristar was a lovely plane.  When I used to work at Heathrow airport I had the chance to visit the cockpit of a British Airways Tristar.  The cockpit is huge, you could have a party in it. Great video, I particularly liked the view back over the wing at landing.  Love that shadow. ;D

Andrew