Author Topic: Major Problems Need Help  (Read 5303 times)

mleuck

Major Problems Need Help
« on: December 14, 2012, 08:28:00 pm »
I first reported "bouncing" after installing GSX, Each time I changed views, the aircraft would bounce. Now, after pushback, just before taxi, the aircraft starts to spin and sinks into the ground. It will spin and sink for about three minutes and then stop. I did not have this issue until I installed GSX.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

Michael

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Major Problems Need Help
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 09:24:30 pm »
Just "installing" GSX can't possibly affect your airplane. The only time GSX takes control of your airplane, is *while* pushing back OR while using the GSX Airplane editor.

At all other times, GSX doesn't touch your airplane, at all. So, if you are having this problem and you are not pushing back or editing the Aircraft doors with the GSX editor, it means the problem is not caused by GSX.

If you are seeing that ONLY at the end of the pushback, which it what your post seems to indicate (is not clear now if you are having that problem only at the end of pushback, of you are having it always, whenever you change views), than it's related to GSX, even if it's not a GSX problem.

The real cause of the problem is likely your aircraft.cfg that has wrong contact points that results in the airplane being unstable when its physics model is turned on and off, and I'm fairly sure it doesn't happen with every airplane.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2012, 09:28:36 pm by virtuali »

mleuck

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 10:09:25 pm »
The problem happens during pushback! before the disconnect, the plane falls into the ground and points stratight up and spins. The "bouncing" happens at all airports with all aircraft. It is not a contact point issue as the aircraft works fine if I do not select GSX services.

If I remove all GSX I have no issues. If I reinstall and use GSX, the problems return.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2012, 12:13:27 am »
As I've said, the problem is not *caused* by GSX, but it's related to it.

If it happens with every airplane, it's possible your problem is your joystick calibration that is wrong. Try to REMOVE all joystick commands for the "Slew mode" in the FSX Control assignment page, so the joystick won't interfere while pushing back.

mleuck

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2012, 04:05:34 pm »
No, not a joystick issue. I will have to live without GSX since it cannot possibily be causing the problem.

Thank you for your defensive support

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2012, 06:38:06 pm »
No, not a joystick issue.

Have you TRIED disabling it altogether ?

Thank you for your defensive support

And what this is supposed to mean ? I've given you SEVERAL different solutions, you still haven't found WHAT is causing it, your mistake is to assume the problem is "caused" by GSX because it seems to go away without it but, it's exactly the opposite: something else is *affecting* a GSX function, you are confusing the cause with the effect, and I'm trying to help you finding the cause, and uninstalling GSX won't obviously fix anything, since you are removing the program *affected*, not what is causing the problem in the first place.

If it was a general GSX problem, someone might have reported it by now, and we would have the forum flooded by identical messages. Instead, it happened probably to a couple of other users and, it turned out to be the joystick calibration.

So, again, what happens if you disable the joystick entirely before Pushback ? Press CTRL+K to do this.

mleuck

« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2012, 03:08:07 am »
I am sorry. I will try to disable the joystick

ipg1939

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 02:02:02 pm »
It is a GSX issue. Did the same to me tonight. Almost done pushing and my MD-11 jumped to 100 feet anf spun 360 then crashed to the ground. NEVER occurred prior to GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2015, 11:27:29 am »
It is a GSX issue. Did the same to me tonight. Almost done pushing and my MD-11 jumped to 100 feet anf spun 360 then crashed to the ground. NEVER occurred prior to GSX.

As clearly explained in this post, IT IS NOT a GSX issue. Or, more precisely, GSX has REVEALED a problem with either your plane or the scenery you use. I'll repeat the explanation, again:

If you are seeing that ONLY at the end of the pushback, which it what your post seems to indicate (is not clear now if you are having that problem only at the end of pushback, of you are having it always, whenever you change views), than it's related to GSX, even if it's not a GSX problem.

The real cause of the problem is likely your aircraft.cfg that has wrong contact points that results in the airplane being unstable when its physics model is turned on and off, and I'm fairly sure it doesn't happen with every airplane. Or, the scenery has a small ground spike (usually caused by 3rd party meshes set with too high ground resolution, causing terrain spikes), which, combined with THAT airplane, is causing it to spin over the ground, when controlled by GSX.

That doesn't obviously mean GSX is the "cause". It simply means that airplane, used at that airport, has issue with ground physics when it's controlled by an external input. You can get easy proof of this, using a default airplane or the same airplane or another airport.

If it "was GSX", it should happen everywhere, with any airplane, and we would had the forum flooded by thousands of similar reports. Instead, it's just 2 users in 3+ years that GSX has been out. So no, it's not GSX.